Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bomberman Game Progress!
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Virtual_AI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:14 am   Post subject: Bomberman Game Progress!

Hi Everyone!!!

Glad I found a website like this about almost all programming languages...
I just love this site!

Anyways, I'm working on a game project, I'm in grade 11 computer science class! Had around 90s till my best friend copied my code and got busted so now i'm down to low 60s (Merciless teacher Sad )!

But I know pretty much everything upto date!

I'm working on bomberman for my final project (it must be a game).

Now the teacher won't help me for some reason, well actually she said it's too hard and she.. and I don't have enough time to finish it in 3 weeks!

I'm stuck with one thing!! And that's setting up the bomb timer... i just have 1 thought in my mind right now... please correct me if i'm wrong, i just want to make sure before I take another step Wink

I'm thinking of a => method where it starts counting for 5 secs once the player drops the bomb, after 5 secs.. the image would change to an explosing bomb or something.
But there are two other problems, first I don't know how to make the player drop the bomb yet, second I don't know how make the bricks around it explode.. any ideas???

PLEASE I NEED HELP ON THIS!!

Thank you, for your time!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well when player "drops" a bomb, you create a new Bomb object, and initialize it to player's current location and set it's timer to 5 seconds or whatever is appropriate.

Each time through the main loop (say next to where you check for user input), you also "tap" each Bomb object. Here you essentially ether reduce the counter until it reacher 0, or compare current time against Bomb's internal time for that 5 second difference. The design choice is up to you.

All of your Wall objects need to have "destroy" method that the exploding Bomb will call before removing itself.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Virtual_AI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:06 pm   Post subject: Thanks!

Yeah I'll try doing all this and then I'll let you know!

Thanks!
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: