Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 QUAD SLI
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:08 pm   Post subject: QUAD SLI

i dunno how often you guys read hardware news.. but since im working at ATI, im prety up to date with the display adapters... and err yea, apparantly Nvidia now have a quad sli interface.... go check it out here

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_quadsli.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

WoW, 4 GPU's. I already read abit about it on AnandTech's review of CES 2006. sounds amazing though, I wish I could get a Quad-Sli system, but there not out yet, and would cost a hell of alot of money.

I've already seen a 4 GPU system from NVidia on some japanese website,not sure if it was the same type of setup, it might have been 2 Sli systems for dual display. I can't read japanese so I don't no.

Andy wrote:
but since im working at ATI

Since you work at ATI, can you give me free stuff? or atleast information on when ATI might have a Quad-Crossfire type system
Geminias

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmmm... is it just me or has anyone else noticed that no video game in existence would utilize the full power of such a system?
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Geminias wrote:
Hmmm... is it just me or has anyone else noticed that no video game in existence would utilize the full power of such a system?

I whould hope not, since if a game did it whould be unplayable since the techogaly is not yet avliable to the public. Once the techogly is and becomes more coman place the software will fallow.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Geminias wrote:

That's true, but what about games coming out in the future? Even though I still think quad-sli would still be kinda pointless untill games actually require 2GB of video memory
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

all Nvidia is trying to prove is that their engineers are better than us at ATI.. well we'll see about that..
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: