Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 2005 backwards compatable with 6.0?
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Aziz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:40 pm   Post subject: 2005 backwards compatable with 6.0?

Hey guys. I just bought a book (Visual Basic Game Programming for Teens) and it uses VB6.0. Now, if I were to get VB2k5, would it still be fine? Or is it like Jave 1.5 vs 1.4?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
HazySmoke)345

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They added a few new features in VB 2005, but it should still support 6.0, the basic syntax rules should still be the same.
Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay thanks a bunch Smile Diving into VB for the first time...wish me luck
josh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually, I was experimenting wth the newest VB Express Edition, and i found many things different about them. For example, many of the properties for controlls have different names (so that might confuse you in the begining) and also some of the syntax is different (i.e. for creating a record).

You can probobly figure out all the differneces but don't go crazy if your book says something and you can't find it in the IDE. Smile
Aziz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the advice, but I actually got a copy of VB6 from my teacher. Perhaps in the future I'll switch over to 2005. Is it affordable. Stupid companies wanting to make money upset me Sad Geez like I need money, not them!
josh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well the full version is expensive, but you cna download "express editions" from microsoft at this link :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/
tupac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

When I got the 2005 version from MS, I was so confuased, cuz a lot of the symple synatax that should not ever be changed has been changed by MS. on the plus side VB 2005 looks nice... looks more like flash for some reason.... but anyway, then I went to get VB5CCE for free and I like it a lot better, so if I were u, Aziz, I'd stick with VB6 Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: