Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 A CHALLENGE
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
paulkwatyra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:13 pm   Post subject: A CHALLENGE

Mouse Move
Most likely, you will notice that you have a mouse attached to your computer, which lets you
move the cursor around the screen. Your job is to get between the mouse and the cursor.
Suppose that the bottom left-hand corner of your screen is (0,0), and all points on the screen are
given by integer co-ordinates (x, y) where 0 <= x <= c and 0 <= y <= r. Thus, the top-right
corner of the screen is at position (c, r), bottom-right corner is (c, 0), and top-left corner is (0, r).
When a mouse is moved, it sends a pair of integers (a, b), indicating that the cursor should be
moved a units in the x-direction and b units in the y-direction. It is worth noting that this is
relative motion (i.e., how far to move) rather than absolute motion (i.e., where to move). It is
also worth noting that a and b may be positive, negative or zero.
You can assume the mouse starts at position (0,0). You job is to read input messages (i.e.,
relative motion positions sent by the mouse) and update the cursor to the new position on the
screen. Your output (to the screen) will be the position of the mouse after each move.
If the mouse hits the screen boundary, it stops moving in that direction. For example, if the
mouse is supposed to move (-100, -10) from its current position (30, 40), the final positions will
be (0, 30): the mouse will hit the left-hand side boundary, but still manages to move down.
Input is listed as pairs, the first pair being (c, r), followed by the relative motion pairs (x, y). The
input is terminated when the mouse moves (0,0). The input will be contained in the file s2.in.

Sample Input 1
100 200
10 40
-5 15
30 -30
0 0
Sample Output for Sample Input 1
10 40
5 55
35 25
Sample Input 2
30 40
30 40
-100 -10
0 0
Sample Output for Sample Input 2
30 40
0 30
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zylum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this was question 1 or 2 on ccc last year... it was by far the easiest one.
1of42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah. Maybe instead of "challenge", you should call it "who here has a pulse", since that's honestly all you need to solve it Razz
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Lol I remember this one although I did the junior contest. This was "Mouse calls" from "CCC Senior problem 1 2005". easy problem... I know every senior writing the ocntest got this one last year lol.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: