Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 what java IDE should I use?
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:25 pm   Post subject: what java IDE should I use?

my school is offering me a choice of:

Blue J
Jcreator
Sun One

I never heard of ANY of them, help Sad
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

BlueJ, that ide is the best for learning Java. But for development Eclipse, but thats not a choice. anyways you are to learn the language. so i say bluej

BlueJ has a feature where you can draw out the UML diagrams and it automatically creates template files for you to work on. That's the only reason i'm saying it's the best. to get such a feature in any other ide cost bucks!!! Also learning java with UML is the right way to learn OO programming.

Nevertheless it is the least feature filled ide. thats why i say it's the worst for development.

I really recommend your school choose BlueJ for teaching, but also teach the language using UML diagrams. Thus taking full advantage of the ide.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I use Sun One, i thougth is was good but i have not tryed them all.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: