Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 passing values to other programs
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
pavol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:10 pm   Post subject: passing values to other programs

is there any way to communicate between programs? for example, run two programs and have one of them pass a value to the other so the other one can do something with it. not writing some data to a file or database and having the other program read it. something like using API's, you pass them a value and something happens. is this possible? Hit Wall
thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cool dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes just make a module! Smile
HazySmoke)345

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, nevermind. I read your question wrong. Sad Sorry! I'll try to delete my last reply. I've never tried to send information between projects before, if it's between 2 VB projects, why don't you just combine the two projects into one? It shouldn't take long to do that. but if you really want them to be separated... try the FillMemory function. I think that function will do it.
cool dude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol i read your question wrong too. as hazysmoke said just combine the two projects into one, easiest way Smile
pavol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks for the help Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: