Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Frozencore : Register And Win (iPod nano & T-Shirts)
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:58 pm   Post subject: Frozencore : Register And Win (iPod nano & T-Shirts)

Hey everyone thought i would let you all know that my webpage is having a contest, if your not already a member now i a great tie to join, il give a little rundown on what they offer after the Contest Details.

Contest Details

if you head on over towww.frozencore.info
you will see an announcement about a contest, to get teh word out abour frozencore.

All you have to do is Sign Up for a chance to win. it takes about 20 seconds and its free, they are not a company nor are they afiliated with one.
its just a personal website that put together their money from donations and some from their own pockets, to give back to the people who use the website.

Please spread this contests to boards that allow such promotion , and also to anyone you know.

What Is Frozencore ?
Here is their little Promo i grabbed from the website.

Recently Frozencore Was updated to version 3.

Guests Can Now Play In The Arcade Very Happy
But Why be a guest when the membership is FREE.

Here Is a Little Run Down Of What Was Added For Members.

• Frozencore v2 = 76 Arcade Games , v3 = 380 Arcade Games.
  • Sudoku Addon. With Highscores and Saving.
  • All Games include High Scores and Tropheys That Go In Your Profile
  • Personal Image Gallery To Store Photos.
  • Personal File Manager To Store Up to 50MB Of Files.
  • People Get Real Blogs Now , Were Talking , Your Own Little WebSite.
  • Sweet New Theme, Much Easier On Bandwidth
  • Full Integration , No PHP-Nuke + PHPBB , Its Full PHPBB now.
  • Create Your Own Smileys.
  • Revamped , Links , Album, Downloads , Posting Method.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

All the scores have been erased....i spent lots of time getting all those high scores. Well atleast now there's tons of more games for me to own all the highscores on Very Happy. Good job, shorthair on the upgrade.

And who is this laura?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I checked it out when you sent the email. Seems pretty good, easier to use than before. Smile

The arcade is great, but having too many games means all the high scores are spread out and there is less competition. It's both a good thing and a bad thing Smile.

I'm curious, are the old ftp's still active? You set one up for me, but I don't quite remember...

Blast! Someone already beat my helicopter score. And by only 40 points...

*edit* Also, the problem with a lot of games is that some of them don't work. Quite a few don't allow you to submit a high score, saying "Sorry, you need to use the activity page to play games & not link to them directly" or else "No input file specified". For example, try playing one of the snake games.
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Another problem with the games are that you are to try and get a low score don't work right. Example, in the golf putting game, your supposed to get a low score, but on the high scores table the person with the worst (highest) score is first
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here in lies my problem.

i wanted the site out for hte new year , so i rushed the arcade. i do all of this on my own from scratch and its frustrating to keep up with such a vast site.

i perfected the sudoku , and the Modules and the Blogs, but hte arcade was truly rushed.

i imported a 150 Game pack when i got lazy, and in turn i havent played them all to see if they work, what would be great is that if you find a game that does not work , for you to post in my forum about it, start a thread that people can add to.

You will notice some games have a capital letter, a mouse or keyboard beside them , and are in the proper catagory. this is whati want for all the games , but i have not found hte time to do it for all of them , eventualy it will be perfected.

as for hte reversed scores ,its a simply checkbox when you import a game, but i didnt have hte time to go through , so also if you find a game that needs reversing , just drop a post in the Forum

Thanks
Shorthair
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bump to the top
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: