Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Penny Master beta?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
chrispminis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:42 am   Post subject: Penny Master beta?

Yeah, this is an early version of a game I'm creating. Theres a few bugs that I can't fix. So, try it and tell me what you think. The biggest and most baffling problem, is that when you hit new game and choose mode, when it goes to the config, some of the text doesnt appear or appears in white although it should appear in a different colour. Why is this?

Just a note: in the proggy, for the option screen the first question asks how many coins do you want max. then wut your initial min speed, then initial max speed, then min speed then max speed.

Recommended speeds for testing the modes. Answer the questions with this.

Zen- 5, 3, 3, 3, 4
Survival -5, 4, 4, 4, 5
Master -3, 2, 2, 2, 3

Oh and although it may seem an excessive amount of screens, and options etc. Its only pointless now, but i will elaborate on it later.

Also, another problem. When you hit New Game, the window isnt active, it minimizes itself and you have to manually select it to activate it. Could someone fix this?

If you find and bugs, post it.

If you find any solutions please post altered source and explanation.

So without further ado.

Penny Master.zip
 Description:
Penny Master, not greatest name but hey... lol

Download
 Filename:  Penny Master.zip
 Filesize:  47.74 KB
 Downloaded:  111 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DIIST

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I guessing your using the new Version of Turing, some of the code wont run on my computer. 'Music.PlayFileLoop' waz an example. Also the text from your put statments never showed up. I my thinking its because you set the screen to offscreenonly and forgot to View.Update!
cool dude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this will solve all your problems! to make the words from disapearing all u have to do is in your procedure zenoptions where u say view.set u have to include this in the quotes "NOoffScreenOnly".

code:

View.Set ("graphics:800;600, NOoffScreenOnly")

P.S. eliminate all your colour changes of the letters that u tried to make it work b/c its useless stuff which u might get deducted marks on
chrispminis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks, that solves the problem of the disappearing text. Now, how would you go about solving the problem of the minimizing window? When you hit New Game the window minimizes itself and you have to manually re-activate it. How could you avoid the minimizing and why does it only happen to that screen?
cool dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Shocked wat version of turing r u using because its not minimizing for me. once u hit new game the new screen apears. do u mean to have 2 screens shown at once (both the menu screen and the text screen) ?
cool dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if u want your main window to remain just open a new window by saying this in your procedure choose

code:

var winID : int % stores the window ID
winID := Window.Open ("graphics:400;400")
chrispminis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont remember what version of Turing I'm using, I think its 4.05 or something but i dont have access to it atm. No, there is only 1 screen at a time, but when I hit New Game, the "choose" screen doesnt pop up, instead the Turing Run Window minimizes itself. If it isn't minimizing it for you, I'll just dismiss it as a little fairly harmless quirk.
cool dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u should try it again, because i'm looking at it again and no the choose screen nor any other screen minimize themselves. if u need any further help post questions and i'll be glad to help. although i don't follow turing post too much.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: