Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Javascript
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
xtreemboarder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:03 pm   Post subject: Javascript

Does anyone know a program that generates javascript code for you?... alls i need is a program that generates the code... of course i would write the conditions and stuff...

anyone?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Notepad does a pretty good job of it, if you're on Windows.

What are you looking for?
xtreemboarder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man... i make too many mistakes with javascript..

i need a program that just generates the code correctly ... not the conditions

for example:

if (condition)
{
code
}
else
{
code
}

pretty much the same idea as frontpage for html... except i need some program that would generate the javascript code... and possibly have the feature to import a template or something.

do such things even exist?
Naveg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm not sure we understand what you need....

How can something generate code for you if it doesnt know what you want it to do?
xtreemboarder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok..

frontpage... generates html code... you could choose table sizes... link destinations and what not.

im looking for a program... that could do the same but with javascript... for example i right click on a picture and say onClick num++... er something.

and like... have shortcut buttons to whatever code i need... if, while, etc.

im just looking for something that will save me the trouble of learning javascript
xtreemboarder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Naveg wrote:
i'm not sure we understand what you need....

How can something generate code for you if it doesnt know what you want it to do?

exactly... i will be telling it what to do... i will tell it under what conditions it should execute some function and stuff
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't we all wish for this kind of language? "I want a snake game where the snake is blue and the food is green. Food is worth 20 points each." It hasn't been done as it clearly has some key problems which need to be solved first.

Sorry, you need to put some effort into learning the language.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

xtreemboarder wrote:
im just looking for something that will save me the trouble of learning javascript

well if investing your time into something other than learning javascript is more.. profitable, then perhaps you could use those profits to hire an experienced javascript programmer for youself Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Naveg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Don't we all wish for this kind of language? "I want a snake game where the snake is blue and the food is green. Food is worth 20 points each." It hasn't been done as it clearly has some key problems which need to be solved first.

Sorry, you need to put some effort into learning the language.

Actually, i read somewhere once upon a time about an MIT project for just that. Was it here maybe? A language that translates everyday english into code. Give me 15 minutes and i'll track it down.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Indeed, it was here. It was not completely workable though, and is bound to have a few dozen problems. Besides, you still have to learn the language of 'telling it what to do' Smile.
Naveg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yup, Metafor is was called

http://www.trnmag.com/Stories/2005/032305/Tool_turns_English_to_code_032305.html

cool concept, but it could never work beyond nearly useless simplicity.

Bottom line, learn to code. Nothing in this world happens automagically.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats a crazy program man, but what language does it program in?
xtreemboarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no guys you got it all wrong. im not saying i will be speaking into a microphone or w/e. im saying i will... ahh fuck it... im off to learn javascript.
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

xtreemboarder wrote:
no guys you got it all wrong. im not saying i will be speaking into a microphone or w/e. im saying i will... ahh **** it... im off to learn javascript.

Who ever told you to speak into a microphone XD I think that script translated your English (i.e. if this happens, do this) into code (I think, not fully sure). Either way, learning it would be way... better- these generators never work.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the way this (or was it another?) natural language translator worked, is that it would name all nouns into objects, verbs into methods and adjectives into arguments.

So a sentance such as "xtreemboarder learns javascript" would be translated to
code:

xtreemboarder.learn(javascript)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: