Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Merry Christmas
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Come On mystic Vegeta , im sure you graphing calculator is as much fun to use as my xbox 360 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ok im sorry, it jsut had to be said. Im done.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
grrrr! Read my replies Martin!!! Stop making me jealous Mad

That's a good thing though! I had to buy my own graphing calculator. Practical, right?

My parents sent me song coffee and a couple of books. Written in English. Yay Smile

As fun as Japanese is, there's only so much 'The pen is on the table underneath the newspaper.' that I can take.
md

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yay for x-mas... the time of year when I return home minus computer and friends to sit arround doing nothing all day... I can't wait to get back to waterloo. Going home for x-mas and all is great, but there is only so long I can go without my babies (computers...) Razz
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
Come On mystic Vegeta , im sure you graphing calculator is as much fun to use as my xbox 360 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ok im sorry, it jsut had to be said. Im done.

factor off.
brenn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
I went out to Best Buy this morning and bought myself a Maxtor 200gb hard drive, for $90, before tax. Not bad, eh?

Now I just need to be able to access more than 137gb of it...

Um... partition? :S That's ridiculous though, I have an 180 gig partition on my external.

Tony wrote:
Mac gear!

I Heart Brenda Exclamation

Hehe I Heart you too Very Happy lol Did you even open your gift yet? XD
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I fully intended to partition it into nice little segments, but how do I partition what I cannot see?

Apparently, Windows XP with SP1 automatically has support for hard drives of this size. I've got Windows XP Pro, then installed SP1 seperately, and it doesn't seem to work. I hope, when I switch back to linux in a week, that Ubuntu can manage it.
TheFerret

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm pretty sure that you have to download an update from the Windows site to get it to work... I'm pretty sure that I had to do the same thing when I got my 160 GB hd, not sure what it's called though...
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I could see all of my 200GB partition in XP Pro SP2 in the "Disk Management" section of Computer Management (that was unformatted, you lose space once you partitioned it). I partitioned it to have 156GB partion and a 30GB partiton (not formated)

Cervantes: Even if you go through all the trouble of getting windows to reconize all the drive your only going to be getting 149 GB because of formatting. Here's a link from techimo.com that deals with that issue of getting Windows to see all the space, and another one from MS
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the link.

Windows Disk Management sees the extra 62gb partition, and it appears as if it can format it, though I didn't go through with it since I don't need it at the moment.

This is good, but I'm really not concerned about whether windows can detect it. I'm switching back to linux in a couple of days, and I hope Breezy can detect it.
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
I'm switching back to linux in a couple of days, and I hope Breezy can detect it.

I think I will install Breezy on the 30GBpartition I didn't format and see if it can detect all the drive space I have. But I don't see a reason why it wouldn't since it's more up to date then XP SP1 is, and SP2 seemed to fix the problem (well atleast for me it did)
md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Off of the topic of hard drives, and back on course with x-mas gifts; I got the best present ever from my girlfriend (at least if your a geek like me...); clicky! (big image... new camera is nice Razz).
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sweet. My Girlfriend got me a sweet book

On The Shoulders Of Giants - Stephen Hawking.
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I got my girlfriend a vacuum cleaner.
md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
And you wonder why you don't get the girls... between that and chubby tipping (see cow tipping), it's amazing you even see girls!
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

You know you are indirectly indicating to her that she doesnt keep the house clean.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 51 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: