Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Features in Turing 4.1
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:38 am   Post subject: New Features in Turing 4.1

Well, here are some of the new features in action... And some further proof of Turing 4.1's existence.

All in all, the updates aren't huge, as far as I can see only relating to graphics (Pic/Sprite modules). Some of the effects might be useful for a game, usable gifs are good, and the new Sprite module can be handy, but the underlying language hasn't changed at all. There's a bunch of things in the help file that say "this feature is not included in the current implementation of Turing (1999)", including multidimensional flexible arrays. The application posted is just a quick set of examples showing the new Pic commands, so you can see for yourself...

Now we know Turing is still alive, and we finally have something new.

The code for the example is included in the zip file. I included some comments, but for a better idea of how to use the commands check the help files posted previously.

*attachment edited out for storage space purposes*
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mr. T

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:54 am   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

Where can this update be found?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It can be found at any school that has had Turing 4.1 distributed to them, as well as possibly directly from HoltSoft.
ecliptical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks for posting some examples...the "gif" animation doesn't work for me =( hope they fix that...i can view the animation externally fine but when it runs in turing it gets all messed up (wrong colors, frames overlapping...etc)

The rest of the updates seem to be working fine tho...maybe lead to a decent paint program.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yep, graphically everything is pretty nice, but graphics are a small portion of what you do in programming. They don't matter much if you can't program anything to use them, although it's not so bad as I make it out to be...

Part of the problem is the gif animation, I posted it to show the strangeness (it not working). I'm pretty sure I did everything right, since I even tried pasting the Turing example code, so the problem might be with it reading various kinds of gif animations. Only some (ie. the .gif that comes with the example) work perfectly. Not a good sign if you are looking forward to working with .gifs.
ecliptical

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Or they made just need to make some converter available so we can make gif's "Turing Ready"
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: