Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Dover Intelligent Design Trial
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:14 pm   Post subject: Dover Intelligent Design Trial

And the verdict is in. Huge suprise here...

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1142625,00.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't see that as a suprise; but if they are not teaching 'Intelligent design' then they just shouldn't teach anything else either, only fair Very Happy
md

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
I don't see that as a suprise; but if they are not teaching 'Intelligent design' then they just shouldn't teach anything else either, only fair Very Happy

I'd slap you... but that seems like it might be sarcasm...
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What I don't understand is that the more fundamentalist a religious person is, the more they lie. And I don't mean lie like say that creationism is true, but lie about things that they know the truth, like in this case lying about how Pandas and People had no religious roots (when they knew the truth). And they claim that they are the moral ones.
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Use Bush logic.

They don't lie. Therefore nothing they say can be a lie.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I see it like the book 1984, it is "double think". They know what they say is unture and ture at the same time. I am not realy shure how one can allow such an thing to exists in there mind with out going crazy but they seem to be able to do so just fine.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:

They have no choice but to lie in order to protect their "truth". Although since the lie required to be told is contradictory to the "truth" it attempts to protect, the "truth" looses whatever value it might have had if upheld. Now in such a silly case as ID, where the defendants were shown to lie under oath, not only have they degraded their "truth", but have additionally made themselves look really silly.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
md

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
Hacker Dan wrote:

They have no choice but to lie in order to protect their "truth". Although since the lie required to be told is contradictory to the "truth" it attempts to protect, the "truth" looses whatever value it might have had if upheld. Now in such a silly case as ID, where the defendants were shown to lie under oath, not only have they degraded their "truth", but have additionally made themselves look really silly.

And potentially opened themselves up to some nice fines and/or jail time too (contempt of court anyone?). I'm hoping it gets appealled all the way to the supreme court; then it'll be nation wide in the states.

If anyone had any brains in the states I'd be filing against the white house; Bush has definitely made policys and statements that favour christianity (agains't the law...).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: