Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pure Pwnage: Episode 9
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mr. T

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:19 pm   Post subject: Pure Pwnage: Episode 9

"The Story of Dave" is filled with plot twists and exhillerating fight scenes.
www.purepwnage.com

"You can like train a n00b, but then he'll just be like a trained n00b."
- Jeremy teh_ownerer
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I am not realy a big fan of purepwnage.com, to me it seems like a bunch of 1337 speaking script kiddys siting around and yelling noob at each other. Prity much as low as it can go online, and gives a bad name to the rest of us.

As for the video, i was not imprested. Tho one dave guy dose look like one of my xroommates witch makes it kind of funny to me.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mr. T

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:04 am   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

I personally didn't like episode 9. But episodes 2, 4-8 are teh_ownage!!!11!@@11oneoneone!!@12!@!
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:05 am   Post subject: Re: Alex's Opinion

Pwned wrote:
But episodes 2, 4-8 are teh_ownage!!!11!@@11oneoneone!!@12!@!

That is what i am talking about when i say the lowerest levels of the interenet and all humainity.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mr. T

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:08 am   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

I was purposely mimicking precisely what you dislike. Rolling Eyes
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
I am not realy a big fan of purepwnage.com, to me it seems like a bunch of 1337 speaking script kiddys siting around and yelling noob at each other. Prity much as low as it can go online, and gives a bad name to the rest of us.

As for the video, i was not imprested. Tho one dave guy dose look like one of my xroommates witch makes it kind of funny to me.

I think the whole point is that they are being satirical about it. They're very clearly *making fun* of '1337 speaking script kiddys', ie going to the hospital after too many WoW sessions, making out with the monitor, Doug is clearly mentally unbalanced, etc. I love it, its hilarious Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What's really hilarious is that one of my buddies after watching the episodes has bought some shirts from their store and has decided that he'll become a l33t gamer.

Quote:

BOOM! Headshot.

Quote:

BOOM! Headshot.

As long as he doesn't start running around with a knife to be faster, it's ok... for now.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:

I think the whole point is that they are being satirical about it. They're very clearly *making fun* of '1337 speaking script kiddys', ie going to the hospital after too many WoW sessions, making out with the monitor, Doug is clearly mentally unbalanced, etc. I love it, its hilarious Very Happy

Indeed, if it was such it whould be fine, almost funny at that but i have talked to alot of peoleop from there forms and such. Maybe the peoleop who made the site intended that but there falowers deftaly do not. I could just be me but i am not a big fan of peoleop yelling noob on my msn and other such 1337 expresions.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
bunch of 1337 speaking script kiddys siting around and yelling noob at each other.
Amen.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It makes sense that they're being satirical.
I mean, look at the site itself, the comments made by the producers are in leet speak, that takes some effort, and I find that there is truely content in the episodes. It takes work and effort, not to mention alot of cinematography skills to produce episodes like these.

I truely do not think it would be a product of this quality if they were indeed just "leet speaking script kiddies".
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well as i was trying to say it is not the peoleop who make the site that tictcks me off but the users of the site and the kind of peoleop it seems to be prudcing. Shure it is not the sole factor but it seems to be planting the ideas in there minds. I realy shoudl post some of the crap i get on my msn, i think if you got 1/10 of what i do you whould aragea.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It seems there's a google for everything... Rolling Eyes
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: