Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Setting Program to Windowed Mode
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:54 pm   Post subject: Setting Program to Windowed Mode

Hi, I am just having a question, I was wondering how we could set a program that is running in full screen mode to windowed mode. Yes, I have tried Alt-Tab and (window)+D before. Is there a program I can make in C++ or Java or any other powerful language that will be able to do this or do i need to debug the exe ASM code and edit it there? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mystic. Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

depends on what program you're talking about. Some fullscreen games come with -w commandline argument that will load the game in a window.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

And some games that don't feature such an option have third party "hacks" available depending on the demand of the users.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Can it be done using reverse engineering using Assembly? Is anyone good at Assembly here?
md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
Can it be done using reverse engineering using Assembly? Is anyone good at Assembly here?
Disassembling a program and trying to figure out how it works is amazingly difficult. It's more effort then just writing a clone in many cases.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have many tutorials of W32DASM of how to dissamble and interpret the code of the exe but Its really time consuming with all the steps of OllyDbg and lots of understanding of breakpoints... I was just finding an easier way around. I think I will go with the assembly part.
Unisyst

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Control + Alt + Escape bypasses the Lan-School full screen.

Also there is a .dll that forces programs into windowed mode. d3d8.dll pop that into the dir where the exe is.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: