Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 A new shooter - heli attack... ps. (not an update to lfs :D)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
iker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:23 pm   Post subject: A new shooter - heli attack... ps. (not an update to lfs :D)

Here is my next game, not a huge one, but fun. Its called heli attack. As of now, the graphics are crappy, there is no sound, and I have little to no animations! Also, there is nothing to do except keep playing, because there is no point to the game, except advancing levels!

Instructions
Arrow Keys - move
A - turn left
D - turn right
S - shoot

Any suggestions on how do make the game beter, not enhance graphics or anything (because I already know it has to be done), or comments will make me one happy person.

edit - attatchment isn't working, uploading it tomorow

also, if you like this game, check out lfs, its good, its 3d, and theres net multiplayer... http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=10214
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you seem to have been out of upload space, but no worries - I've upped your limit.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
iker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks tony:D

anyways, here's the game

heli attack.zip
 Description:
My game with very bad graphics

Download
 Filename:  heli attack.zip
 Filesize:  356.11 KB
 Downloaded:  271 Time(s)

Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not bad, though you should really use the mouse for aiming
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
iker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actualy, using the mouse would make the game pointlessly easy. Not to make it sound harsh or anything, but using the keyboard does add a bit more difficulty (atleast I think so...?)

any other comments/suggestions will help
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice graphics Very Happy
I love the blood effects the most lol

One thing I noticed is, the bullets already fired by the helicopter seems to follow you even if you move up and down. It may be something to do with your collision detection. I mean it should be possible to dodge by moving up and down too.
iker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They were supposed to be like heat seekers. Moving up and down doesn't realy change anything because I didn't add a 'z' coordinate where if you move back or whatever, the helicopter has to move back to shoot you or whatever. The bombs dropped randomly explode on different levels, and should not follow you back up, only left and right. Try going to the bottom, then as the bomb gets close, move left or right, and then up realy fast, and it shouldn't follow you back. Anyways, right now I'm working on beter graphics, because the game is basically great as is. Be back with an update soon Very Happy
TripleBla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe, that was fun .. even though it took me a few seconds to figure out the controls properly. Razz

.. I think that inspired me to make something, thanks. Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: