Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Menu Creator Sample (Module soon hopefully)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
guruguru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:39 pm   Post subject: Menu Creator Sample (Module soon hopefully)

Hey all. This is just the start of a full menu module I wish to create. I find the current menu creator in GUI too simple and so I would like to create my own. The main thing I don't like in the GUI is that you can not use the keyboard to access the menu. In mine you can Very Happy. Whatever this isnt a rant just a quick preview. Theres 2 ways to open the menu (click on it or control f). Open and save dont do anything, but quit does.

This uses only one GUI implementation (GUI.CreateLabel) but that will be gone pretty soon Very Happy. Purely hand created without GUI... whoopee... Soon I will make a module similar to GUI and you can create custom menus etc with your own background colors in them, own color text, own shortcut key etc and the rest of the goodies.

All feedback is appreciated, just please don't start flaming at each other Evil or Very Mad !

EDIT: Sorry for double programs... got confused with the attachment thingy... they are exactly the same!

main.zip
 Description:
A sample of the soon-to-be menu module.

Download
 Filename:  main.zip
 Filesize:  322.21 KB
 Downloaded:  238 Time(s)

main.zip
 Description:
A sample of the soon-to-be menu module.

Download
 Filename:  main.zip
 Filesize:  322.21 KB
 Downloaded:  436 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

buttons look great. Couple of points though

first of all it should be Alt+F (following the conventions)

and I think that if you click on an already opened menu it should be closed.

Try to model it after an existing menu navigation (FireFox for example) and it would look great.

I hope you know how to assign procedures to the buttons Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: