Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Picture URL downloader idea (help)
Index -> General Programming
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:26 pm   Post subject: Picture URL downloader idea (help)

I want to download a whole bunch of pictures from photobucket to my hard drive and I don't want to do it all by hand because thats rediculous and time wasting... I thought instead of pissing around with picture by picture that I'd ask for some programming help to create a program (most likely in vb) that would ask for a dowload destination folder and then a place to copy a crap load of image urls at once so they would all just dowload to that folder. I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, but I know some programs can't really work with the net, and I think vb may be out of the question on that one...

But if anyone can post up with some coding help in any language you think may be the easiest or best choice to make the prog in... that would be appreciated, thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

like... FlashGot for FireFox?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That looks good, but I don't have firefox... and it doesn't look like it is windows explorer/Avant compatible.

Any suggestions on a good Avant compatible download manager that can do the jpeg job?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

try it out

has all the functionality of Avant, and then many many more (such as this FlashGot)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the link anyway... but I'm trying to stick with Avant and just get a small download manager or make my own program instead of switching to another browser such as Firefox.

If anyone has any good Avant dowload manager suggestions or program making help that'd still be appreciated and thanks for your help so far Tony.
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You do realize that you can have more than one browser installed (and running) at the same time, right?
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yuhuh... I played around with Firefox and FlashGot but I can't find where to save each individual picture to hard drive, I can only seem to make an html gallery.

Do you know how I can save a whole bunch of pictures to my hard drive if I've got all their urls copied to clipboard?
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually, I think the easiest thing would be to make an html script... if anyone could hepl me out with that... I did some googling but couldn't find a whole lot.

Basically, I think it would be fairly easy to use html code to save multiple image urls to a hard drive as the actual images... anyone?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For the 1000th time peoleop, html is not a coding lang. It can only out put 1 thing and only one thing that will never ever chage. The only excpections to this is when you do not use pure html and mix it with a scripting lang like JavaScript or a server lang like php BUT THIS IS NOT CODING IN HTML!
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
It can only out put 1 thing and only one thing that will never ever chage.!

Ok, so its not a coding language... but I don't understand what you mean by it only being able to output 1 thing?

(and even if its not a coding language, it'd still be nice to have a bit of help OR if anyone could tell me if its even possible to do in html...)
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not sure about HTML, you could try drawing a picture in bitmap instead Laughing
md

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HTML is a markup language. It's entire purpose is to arrange information. It is not a programing language, you cannot write programs or scripts in it. You can format text documents. That is all. Once you create the document it will always display the same thing.
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the explanation... I kind of already knew that, but haven't been in school since last year and forget all that 'knowledge' stuff...

And nice loop there in the sig lol.
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wanna do something over and over online?
you need an internet macro ....

www.iopus.com
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm DownloadthemAll is another good firefox extension for that, but another thing to consider, some sites have it so you cant download from alternate locations (ie, no hotlinking of pictureS)
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: