Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 2 of my games
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AzureFire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:53 pm   Post subject: 2 of my games

Here are two of my games. The hangman one is about a month old, the other I finished about 20 min ago Smile

C&C plz!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't get a chance to see ur hangman, mainly because i hate hangman, but your shooter is lookin not too shabby. There are some problems with it concerning difficulty, as in there isn't any. I tried but i never got the guy to shoot me. I think the AI needs a little bit of work because the guy just runs at you, and all you have to do is stand out in the open, to the bottom left of the spawn point, and keep shooting, you'll never lose.
Maybe have the AI think, so that if he's gettin shot, move his ass outa the way, or something to that effect (maybe shoot back).
I liked the use of restrictions for the players . . looks similar to an old crappy tutorial i wrote once. Anyways, gj.
AzureFire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for playing it. First of all, the AI does shoot back, but after a certain amount of time (about 3 or 4 rounds) and then it gets very difficult. He does move away a little bit, but not much, because it caused the game to stutter. But I'll work on that. I was also thinking of restricting the player's shooting distance too.

Thanks for your comments. And look close, your name is in the credits, I did use your tutorial, because I wasn't worrying about performance. I also tried the other 'tile builder', but couldn't figure out how to get it to work in my game. If someone could direct me to instructions that'd be great. Smile
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah, i never noticed those credits Smile. As for the tile builder, this is basically what mine did (since its not there anymore). I grabbed a bunch of different tiles, and made a program with a canvas on it. In that canvas, there was a grid system that the tiles locked to, and the 'user' could select whichever tile they wanted and put it into that grid. The one hat i posted on there was an old version, ans i actualyl ended up making on that was quite impressive, but that program along with several others got erased with my school account last year, mainly because i didn't care for my programs.

A different type of 'tile map' is one where you make a .txt file in like notepad or something where it would look liek this

code:

where you would load that into your game, and everywhere there is a '0' draw water and the player cannot go there, and the 1's are paths or somehing, and the 3's are rocks. There should be some tuts on how to work those.
AzureFire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, thanks, I'll look around for those.
iker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I love your shooter game. Its fun, simple, and addictive. What more could you ask for?
+ 10 bits
I like it enough to donate some bits, and I barely have any:D
AzureFire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I updated the game, it uses a new system and I added an RPG type of gameplay. The enemy starts off easy and gets harder and also always has a chance to fire at the player.

This is my final project for my programming class so I wont be giving the source code this time. Also, if you've seen my post about transparent health/loading bars, I'll be updating that too with my new system.

The sceen sometimes flickers a lot, so try using Page Up and Page Down to adjust the delay time.

BTW thanks for looking at my program and thanks for the bits Razz

http://rapidshare.de/files/23068420/MiniFighterXP.rar.html - Sorry for the horrible host, I couldn't host it on my site.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: