Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 create a dll.
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Geminias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:56 am   Post subject: create a dll.

making dll's? using dev-c++ i can go to project and choose windows DLL and it will initialize me with.

c++:

#ifndef _DLL_H_
#define _DLL_H_

#if BUILDING_DLL
# define DLLIMPORT __declspec (dllexport)
#else /* Not BUILDING_DLL */
# define DLLIMPORT __declspec (dllimport)
#endif /* Not BUILDING_DLL */

class DLLIMPORT DllClass
{
  public:
    DllClass();
    virtual ~DllClass(void);

private:

};

#endif /* _DLL_H_ */

what do i do with this code? how do i make my DLL?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not sure how you build a DLL, but I do know that there are many good tutorials to be found online. The real question is why are you trying to build a dll? For the most part it's easier just to make everything statically linked unles you're writing some masive program... and if you don't know how to create DLLs you're most likely not creating a massive program Wink
Geminias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not massive program but its winapi, and dont think making it statically linked is an option.
Geminias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OK, i suppose answering my DLL question could turn into a full blown tutorial. So how about this question: "What would the code look like if you had to point to a process in a function argument. "

so you got a function called CloseWindow (WinID, fn, etc..)

where fn is a pointer to a process. Would that just be a pointer *pPointToProcess? and then you'd have to be sure to declare the pointer as:

type the process returns *pPointToProcess = process();

something doesn't seem right here...
md

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you mean your extending the winapi? Not sure why you'd be doing that... but cool! If you're just using hte winapi you don't need to build a dll at all...

For a link though try [url]http://www.murrayc.com/learning/windows/dll.shtml[/url. Haven't read it more then the first few lines, but it seems like it might be a good start.
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

With all due respect, if your goal is simply to do Windows programming, C++ is ancient history as far as Microsoft is concerned. C# and .Net is where it's at, and where all of the action is going to be for the foreseeable future.
md

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey hey! C++ isn't out entirely! Although I would agree that you're better off learning C# and .Net. C# is nearly as fast as C++ for most things and with .net making a GUI is WAY easier. C++ is still teh way to go for low level things I'd say, but C3 and .net are by far better for user apps.

/me goes and showers to try and get the evilness of C# and .net off...
Geminias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i guess thats true, but i really want to start with the hardcore stuff first, and then grow an appreciation for the microsoft languages that make things much easier.

i dont really know anything about anything so who knows if this is the proper way to go, but i just want to do it this way Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Geminias

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice gandalf..

righto.. that certainly is one way to do it. thanks bro.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What the..? Where did my post go? And a bunch of other posts?
*hopes it's not another rollback*
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oops, it seems you posted in the wrong topic heh.

No problem, btw Wink.
Geminias

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol wow i'm silly.

sorry about that
Geminias

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

by the way, gandalf, i play enemy territory too. I'm pretty good.. most of the time i get highest fragger.. especially if i'm medic. was wondering if you could help me get into a good clan?
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: