Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci CS 1.6 Server (Unofficial)
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Smile Yes, I'm quite aware that MGS is available for PC, but like you said, this is one of those games where the experience is better on the console version. Yep, t'was one of the great games... Can't wait till I get a PS3.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you should all try to play civ 4... its swetet
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Civ 4's great too heh. Only problem is, I can only play it on my Athlon64 since it runs slow on my 2.24ghz, 768mb ram, gforce 6800 computer Confused. That game really needs some optimization soon - it should really need half that.

Ahh... all these things greater than CS... Would it be possible to set up another 'unofficial' compsci server for some other game?

Can't say I've played Rome Total War, but I've looked at it and contemplated trying it...
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Civ 4's great too heh. Only problem is, I can only play it on my Athlon64 since it runs slow on my 2.24ghz, 768mb ram, gforce 6800 computer Confused. That game really needs some optimization soon - it should really need half that.

Abhuh?

And here I was looking to get a copy of civ4. I never expected a civ game--turn based (right?)--to be so demanding.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

their trailers are in QuickTime, they should so port the game to OSX
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah... But I still recommend getting it, hopefully they will fix the problems soon, and I hear that it only works slow on some computers - not sure. I'm pretty sure most of my lag is coming from the fact that my world is too big for the game to handle, which it shouldn't be since the map came with the game.
It's 3D, but it's still turn-based, don't worry Wink.

Quote:
their trailers are in QuickTime, they should so port the game to OSX

Do you mean in-game movies? Civ-4? Those use the bink format - an old version apparently.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can between turn based or simutaneous... simuataneous is crazy fun when playing against ur friends
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Never tried that, didn't even know you could. How does time work then? 30 seconds is a turn or something like that?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MihaiG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well....if any plays battlefront for pc....i usualy paly around 4-6pm./...on "SE" servers..or "no ai" servers Rolling Eyes
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
you can between turn based or simutaneous... simuataneous is crazy fun when playing against ur friends

Civ3 Gold Edition had this as well. Though I never did try it...
1of42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

psh, 1.6. get an unofficial server set up for Source, and if it has good enough specs I might play it. Wink

for all of you saying css is too easy: that's what I first said too - coming from UT2004, and having played that at a high compettiive level, it didn't seem hard at all. then I played good people. if you're saying the game's too easy, you've never met a CAL-M+ player Razz
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I've never played CSS (obviously), but TWL and clanbase are great too.
http://www.teamwarfare.com
http://www.clanbase.com
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1of42 wrote:
psh, 1.6. get an unofficial server set up for Source, and if it has good enough specs I might play it. Wink

for all of you saying css is too easy: that's what I first said too - coming from UT2004, and having played that at a high compettiive level, it didn't seem hard at all. then I played good people. if you're saying the game's too easy, you've never met a CAL-M+ player Razz

Exactly, now try starting the game, having never played a FPS before with people that level. Yea... it took me a while to actually get a kill. I was a good newb, I never said WTF or anything like that, I just sat there and learned Razz
1of42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Well, I've never played CSS (obviously), but TWL and clanbase are great too.
http://www.teamwarfare.com
http://www.clanbase.com

Clanbase is European, and I already compete on TWL - ranked top 10 on 2 of their CSS ladders, 30th on another.

CAL is really the big CSS league tho, by far laregr than any other.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: