Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci CS 1.6 Server (Unofficial)
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:53 pm   Post subject: Compsci CS 1.6 Server (Unofficial)

If you do... come to the compsci server o.O

Very Happy uh yeah... old game but w/e free server (for a month or so not sure)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

meh....halo pc and battle front pc are way better... Twisted Evil
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It'd be great to play on a compsci server, but I'm 100% anti-counterstrike. I don't care that it's an old game, I play a lot of those, but I can't see how a game with such bad gameplay could become so popular. Switch to some better game, and I'll be glad to join Smile.

*edit* I think the same of Halo btw Wink
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shocked Thats like saying wack-a-mole sucks 'cause of the horrible gameplay. CS is good when you just wanna have some simple ass kicking Razz
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
Shocked Thats like saying wack-a-mole sucks 'cause of the horrible gameplay.

No, no. Whack-a-mole sucks becaue of it's horribly outdated graphics!
Mr. T

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:04 am   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

Coutsos wrote:
Paul wrote:
Shocked Thats like saying wack-a-mole sucks 'cause of the horrible gameplay.

No, no. Whack-a-mole sucks becaue of it's horribly outdated graphics!

What if you were to make some uber 3D whack-a-mole. The graphics would be better, but gameplay would still suck. Rolling Eyes
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol
Paul wrote:
Shocked Thats like saying wack-a-mole sucks 'cause of the horrible gameplay. CS is good when you just wanna have some simple ass kicking Razz

CompSci sure is great for ass-kicking Surprised.

Not quite, there are much better games when you just want "some simple ass kicking". Basically anything else (other than Halo) is better for such. I find snake more fun than counterstrike.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is one of the reasons you suck at CS? 'cause i don't see how you can't like it if you kick ass at it. I mean just the feeling of owning others...

On the other hand I found halo extremely boring... just me though. The most I enjoyed from halo is checking out what I can do with physics + warthogs, and the different ways I can kill myself.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yep, I hate Halo and CS. The reason is not that I suck, if I wanted to I could probably play that game good, but I never really tried. I haven't played the game much because I don't want to, I couldn't stand it.
Do I want to play a game full of hackers?
Do I want to play a game that gives no sense of accomplishment?
Do I want to play a game where the average maturity level of a person is 6 years old?
etc, etc.

Have you played many other fps games? You get a much better game and feeling of owning others from things other than counterstrike. I understand liking it because you have played it for a long time and are good at it, but you will get much better experiences if you stay away from that game Wink.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

FPS's in general don't give me a sense of accomplishment, they're fun to play with a bunch of people you know. Like I've almost always played on a clan server, with mature people who are friendly.
If I wanted to own people and then feel accomplished afterwards I'd go for SC or WC3 or something.
If I wanted to own people in general without alot of skills, I'd go for a MMO lol.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Playing on servers you are familiar with is always more fun, but personally I do see skill being assosiated with FPS's and strategy games like Starcraft.
I must agree about MMO's though. Specially made for people who felt like 'owning' others simply because they were bored more often than them...

Still, I'd go for a better alternative than CS. Dang, the guns always face/aim down! Are they shooting at the floor?
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Face down... what?
I'm confused. Are you sure you're not holding your gun the wrong way? Razz
What do you prefer? Halflife? or Doom? I do not subscribe to those games simply because i get nauseous easily from them. Even more so from teh so called "third person shooters" like max payne, ugh, i can't stand max payne.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Halo? Ugh. Counterstrike? Blah. Half-Life? Eegh... They're all basically in the same category - but luckily that's just about where it ends.

Doom... Well, that was an alright game, but generally I don't like monsters and dark alleys, etc. If you want to see what I prefer, click my sig Wink. That's from the past few months...

As for third-person-shooters, only one I liked was Metal Gear Solid, but that's for console.

*edit* Oh, well, from what I remember what I mean by facing down is that whenever you see someone else, they are slanted down, even if they are normally playing. Just one of my many bashes again CS though Smile.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
As for third-person-shooters, only one I liked was Metal Gear Solid, but that's for console.

I take my hat off to you, sir. No wait... I wasn't wearing a hat...

Anywho, just thought you'd like to know that MGS has been available on the PC for some time now. It'd probably be a better experience on the console, but nobody has come up to me with a free PlayStation yet.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Rome Total War is where it's at.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: