Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Evolution vs. Creation.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

How do you think we got here?
(No ending time set)
Creation
37%
 37%  [ 23 ]
Evolution
62%
 62%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 61

Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lyam_kaskade wrote:
Wow. This is a really long thread.

Of course, you should all realize that true nirvana (heaven) is achieved only by escaping the cycle of life and death (thus ending suffering).

just thought I should throw that out there...

Ah but telling others that there fait is wrong and that ours is the only one to end the cycle of life and death is a from of desier. One most respected all regiones and not push ones blifes apone another.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Ah but telling others that there fait is wrong and that ours is the only one to end the cycle of life and death is a from of desier. One most respected all regiones and not push ones blifes apone another.

I have always wondered about this. If you absolutely believe that your belief is the correct one and that failure of others will follow this belief will result in eternal pain for them.(which is really common in religions since the carrot and stick approach works well on humans) In this scenario, which is the more ethical choice to make? Should you respect others beliefs even though they are wrong or should you attempt to convert them to your faith to save them from themselves.

The most relevant situation I can think of is suicide. In Canada it is considered that people who attempt to commit suicide are mentally insane and that it is appropriate for society to use force to prevent them from accomplishing this goal. However, this is merely just enforcing societies' value of life onto an individual that probably has a different belief in the value of life. In this society believes that saving the individual from death is sufficient reason to forcibly alter their actions and beliefs.

The problem with respecting all viewpoints is that most of these viewpoints are incompatible. Most religions disagree in fundamental aspects and they all claim to be the truth. As well, it leads to rather silly situations like Intelligent Design and Intelligent Falling. You also get such viewpoints as the KKK and Al-Qaeda... Which makes me think that although you must accept the fact that while all,none or some of the viewpoints may be correct you don't necessarily have to consider them all as equally valid.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well to that i whould say as a good person who blives in somthing that will save others it whould be your respobity to provied the information about your regilion to others but not to tell them there way is wrong or that they most chage or go to hell but rather to acpected the divesitiy of other blifes and customes and realises that this makes the world an intresting place. It is not your job to make them chage there mind but to just give them the option, in the end the choice is allways theres.

About the socided thing. This is a intresting topic. In one respected i blive that poeleop should be compely free to do what they whont with there lives as long as that dose not conficleted with others lives. So in that respected you should be alowed to kill your self, but then we most consider the cases where peoleop are not in a right state of mind or may have mental disablitys. In such a case leting some one like that kill them self whould be wrong. But some whould aruge that any one who whonts to kill them self is no in a right state of mind.

In my option all blifes that do not hurt others should be respected. Once they corse this line however it is wrong. For examples blive that the erath is 3000 years old is fine if u like that, but bliving that all peoleop of some minorty gorup should be killed or given less rights is wrong. Some times it can be a fine line between the 2. For example some religons say that if u do not do x u go to hell or somthing bad happens, perosnaly i do not blive this is right to say but it is not real hurting thos peoleop.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

they don't believe that the earth is 3000 but 6000 to 10 000. Also this is not common belief under the Roman Catholic Church. All they teach is that the earth and universe was created under intelligent design (God). It is up to us to decide whether he used evolution or creationism to get us to where we are. It is also up to us to decide whether the earth and universe took 6 days and 1 day of rest to complete or billions of years. It all depends on what you believe it is not a set doctrine in the church.
Albrecd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
It is also up to us to decide whether the earth and universe took 6 days and 1 day of rest to complete or billions of years. It all depends on what you believe it is not a set doctrine in the church.

Except that it's in the Bible... so if the church follows the Bible, shouldn't it teach the 6 days? Mine does... but like I said before, I'm not Catholic.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

sylvester-27 you are just resating the same stuff over and over with out fact and are bring this topic in to sprianing infitity of even more pointlessness. I blive this topic has come to an end with the popel aruging for a old erath giving the facts and sciftical bases and you just resating what you side 100 times. Also i whould hope that the cruch dose not falow everything in the bible to the letter b/c there is some stuff in there agested the rights of women and such.

*picks up ASOK's locking gun*
*takes aim*
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

***You know what, nevermind Very Happy***
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

And now the admins get to talk for the next 3 pages.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sweet!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

and suddenly no one opposes our views Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It's good to be right.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Indeed
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

everyone become so much nicer when they cant talk
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would've thought you'd have some moral objection to abusing your power like this, Dan. Wink

In any case, stop your spamming, all of you. If I had the heart to edit five people's bits, you'd all lose 1000 bits.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
I would've thought you'd have some moral objection to abusing your power like this, Dan. Wink

In any case, stop your spamming, all of you. If I had the heart to edit five people's bits, you'd all lose 1000 bits.

Lol, i am hardly abusing power. I locked it since it was geting out of hand not b/c i whont to controal the debate. If i whounted to that i whould just ban the users that opses me =p

Tho you are right lets stop the spaming =p
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 15 of 35  [ 519 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: