Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Do You Believe In God?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Do You Believe In God
(No ending time set)
Yes, but I have sinned and I'm going to burn in hell
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
No, I'm an athiest and I'm going to burn in hell
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

sylvester-27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:28 pm   Post subject: Do You Believe In God?

Do You Believe In God?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think the question is rather unspecific since you haven't defined god. As well, the way the question is asked leaves no correct answer.... atheists don't believe in hell! I don't think I need to mention the highly biased description of the possible choices either.

Edit: I think you need to make your avatar a little smaller.
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay fine ill specify...Do you believe that when you die you will either go to heaven or hell. As for the no answer i just wanted to have some fun with that
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm, rather interesting question. However, your making the same mistake. Heaven and hell, arise from the same belief system. So for us who do not follow this belief system, all we can do is check the box that says non applicable(NA).

A better way of stating the question would be simply ask:"What do you think happens after you die?" although that isn't the ideal question by any stretch of the imagination. Personally, I'm not sure if life/death have any meaning at all so its difficult to answer this question.
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Umm...i already posted the question "what do you think happens when you die" before i did the "do you believe in god one" soo... y
do_pete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the only way you could tell if there is no God is if you were all-knowing. But being all-knowing is a supernatural quality that could only be given to you by a God...
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha go do_pete show him whose boss lol.. good argument
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh hey, here's another good argument

the only way you could tell if there is God is if you were all-knowing. But being all-knowing is a supernatural quality...

the statement that you forgot to define "god" remains. What if I was to believe in Flying Spagetti Monster?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I believe in God, but i do not believe in religion. I dont believe in being told how i should "worship" my "God". Oh, and i dont beleive in teh Flying Spagetti Monster, only because Spagetti is manmade. Now if it was Flying Tree Monster, maybe.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jamonathin wrote:
i dont beleive in teh Flying Spagetti Monster, only because Spagetti is manmade.

perhaps the spagetti was made in image of the Flying Spagetti Monster?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

All hail the great Spagetti Monster! The only real problem with the Spagetti Monster is that the name is way too hard to spell.

You never can prove a negative, therefore proving that god does not exist is rather difficult. However, it is possible to prove that god isn't needed to explain why things work a certain way in this universe. As well, we can show that the existance of god, as he is described in certain religions, is doubtful.

By the way, whoever changed the poll, its "sinned" not "sined" unless your making some weird math reference that I'm just not getting. Laughing
md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Perhaps this is a dumb poll...

[opinion]regligion is for suckers, and is used mainly as a means of control[/opinion] Although the control bit is rather truthful...
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Boo-chan wrote:
unless your making some weird math reference that I'm just not getting. Laughing

bash.org wrote:

#427792 +(3345)- [X]

<@Terror> "It's easy to forget what a sin is in the middle of a battlefield."
<@cky> opposite over hypotenuse
<@cky> dipshit
Albrecd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm glad someone's standing up... but maybe you shouldn't have both options end with burning in hell... Sad
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

religion is not stupid and you don't have to be all knowing to believe in god if you have even heard of all the things going on around the world involving god.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 23 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: