Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Unit 731
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:19 am   Post subject: Unit 731

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Woah.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I love this part:

Quote:

The United States granted amnesty, allowing these scientists to go unprosecuted in exchange for their experimentation data.

Tho i have hured sotryes of units in the u.s. arrmy that did the same thing, but uhsely to minoritys or non amrican citizents.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Difference being that any cases of torture in the US are in the form of a high profile prisoner being tortured for information (still disgusting), or army units doing it illegally. This was government funded human experimentation on thousands of POWs.

As for buying off the information, it's a strange call. At least those people didn't die in vain. Still absolutely disgusting though. Similar things happened in Germany (google The Doctors' Trial). Most of what we know about pneumonia is from German experiments. Wrong? At least their dying means that other people can live. I don't know though. Really tough.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

Vivisection
Live vivisections were performed on prisoners infected with various diseases; scientists would remove organs to study the effects of the disease on the human body.
Prisoners were amputated limb by limb to study blood loss.
Arms were cut off and reattached to opposite sides.
Limbs were frozen and sawed off.
Stomachs were surgically removed and the esophagus was reattached to the intestines.
Parts of the brain, lungs, liver, et cetera were taken out.
Vivisection of a pregnant woman (impregnated by one of the doctors) and the fetus.

Either this is false, or people are alot more sick than I previously imagined.
Note: WITHOUT anesthetics

Who the hell do they hire to do such things. Reattaching limbs and the stomach to the esophagus seems to me unneccessary and irrelevant, seems to me they did it for fun.

Now I conflict any chinese/korean person who tell me they hate japanese people without ever meeting one, but I can understand how some would be this way, especially if they've been raised with such tales.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's strange. I can sympathize with torture, in that I can understand the mentality behind it. I can understand people wanting to inflict pain, either for revenge, or to get information (although by no means do I agree with it). But I can see the logic behind it.

This though, I can't even begin to imagine. Disgusting and bizarre. Although one does have to keep in mind that this was occuring in the army's elite, and the average soldier was just another person caught in the middle of a conflict that they didn't really understand. Same goes for Germany.

The downplaying of World War 2 in Japan is very strange. You'd think that they'd just appologize for these crimes, and move on, especially with how pissed off the rest of Asia is because of it. Most people here don't know about any of their country's World War 2 history. Those that do are very happy that they lost, however.

Read up on what happened in Japan. It's very strange indeed.
md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I can very easily see how this could happen. In the middle of a war (that you expect to win), who is going to miss a few of your POWs; and by performing these (admittedly disturbing) experiements they learned a lot. The last item has nothing to do with war... but severed limbs, frozen limbs, lost organs, all can occure during war. While I do not condone any of the activities I do understand how someone might be motivated to perform them if they thought it could lead to saving many lives on the battle feild. You can't learn without trying new things... it just happens that some new things are rather grotesque.

Also remember that Germany did similar things, and I'd be amazed if the allied nations didn't do something too... what we did is most less known because we won WW2.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I doubt that anything like this happened with the Allies. We didn't start the war. Germany's goal was genocide. And there were protests during the war that black people were being treated worse than Axis POW's.
md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Perhaps not on this level, but IIRC we did test some gas nerve agents on mental patients (who happen to have been treated as less then human in the states for most of the last century)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's a far cry from disecting live POW's without anesthetics.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, does this strike you as odd, I swear I have similar things such as "vivisecting a pregnant woman (insemenated by one of the doctors))", and the such in relation to Japan. Who else makes crazy cartoons like that?
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Difference being that any cases of torture in the US are in the form of a high profile prisoner being tortured for information (still disgusting), or army units doing it illegally. This was government funded human experimentation on thousands of POWs.

Aucatly they do that and experimentation, in the same area there are doucmented cases of the u.s. giving black comunitys small pox and other desieas saying that it was a vaxen for somthing or other. Also there are doucmented cases of the u.s. exparementing with bioweaponds on some small ilandes that aucatly did not bleong to them and casing magore health problems for there inhabits. In both cases the govermnet was sued....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
In both cases the govermnet was sued....

Sued? ...Sued?! Sued is what happens when you spill coffee on yourself and blame McDonalds, not when you go and commit genocide. If these war crimes have been brought to light, why haven't they been more severely punished? Confused Confused Confused
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well they did have to pay out billions to the suriviours of it. I guse they try to not publises it much. But if u are talking about genoiced just think about what they did to the natives.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Like I said. Bad, not nearly as bad. Concerning the experimentation on these islands, do you have any links?

Hikaru79 wrote:
Hacker Dan wrote:
In both cases the govermnet was sued....

Sued? ...Sued?! Sued is what happens when you spill coffee on yourself and blame McDonalds, not when you go and commit genocide. If these war crimes have been brought to light, why haven't they been more severely punished? Confused Confused Confused

OT, but for the McDonald's thing - http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, thess ones are not as bad human impact wise but not morality wise. I do not have links since i hured about this on a documenty and not online. If i rember exctaly where they where and such i will post more detials.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: