Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Cool History Test
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:33 am   Post subject: Cool History Test

Test your knowledge in History of the early 1900's Very Happy

richmojmultiple choice program.t
 Description:
Its pretty cool but i accidentaly deleted the sounds sorry.

Download
 Filename:  richmojmultiple choice program.t
 Filesize:  13.37 KB
 Downloaded:  193 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Put everything in a loop or make a procedure and your program will be amazingly shortened. Maybe you should show the correct answer if it is incorrect. Make the delay between questions shorter.

Also, the question regarding the Red Baron is contraversial, so I would leave it out.

Otherwise, a decent program.
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

which question the one about "who is the most famous german flying ace" or "who shot down the red baron. tell me what i did wrong and ill fix it
do_pete

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the one about who shot down the red baron
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how is it controversial? I read a book on famous fliers of the Second World War. It was a fact in the book that the red baron was shot down by Roy Brown who was trying to protect his friend who had a red triplane chasing him. After the Red Baron (Manfred Von Rich...) was discovered by the ground forces they linked it back to Roy Brown (had i think 14 planes to his credit) who recognized the plane. Roy Brown got a lucky burst from behind the Red Baron with his bullets going through the RB's seat and head. You can see these marks at his plane in the national war museum.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That't the thing with contraversies - one book says something as fact, another states something else as fact.

The other side to the story, questioned because of the debris, is that the French (I think) shot him down with an AA gun while Roy Brown was chasing him.

Just because it's in 'the' book (or any book at all), doesn't mean that it is correct or that you shouldn't question it.
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i would also agree its controversial... no one really knows for sure. its all speculation.
codemage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The French would like to feel like they actually contributed to the world wars, so history gives them a bit of slack in that respect.

/tongueincheek.

You should stick to recognized, overwhelmingly-agreed to facts for quiz programs, or word questions accordingly.

ie - what Canadian pilot allegedly shot down the Red Baron?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: