Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Cmd Prompt
Index -> General Programming
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:08 pm   Post subject: Cmd Prompt

We can do things with Command Prompt, like send msg's to each other, shut each other down and stuff in programming. Well a few idiots have decided to abuse this (Not in out class, just some idiots) and shut people down while there doing work, or spam them. So the administration removed access to command Prompt. So I made my own in C++ and then one in Turing.

They aren't really Command Prompts, but they do the exact same thing (Using System Execute). Anways I learned that I can gain access to restricted folders like C:/ and stuff, which was alright.

I learned how to move things in other peoples comps, delete things, create things, do stuff from there computer and make it look like its them doing it (very handy). Open webpages on there comp ext. Even shut down ALL the computers on the network.

I wanna play a joke on our programming teacher. Im going to use net send to send him a message "Here, have a drink holder" and then open up his D drive.

If you right click on your CD drive it has a command "Eject", and when you click it, it opens your CD drive. Its really kinda nifty. I don't know the command in command prompt to do it though. Can anyone help me out? I tried searching for it in google, but I get programs that do it, I just want the Cmd Prompt command. Thanks ^^
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its good but I should suggest this to you, tracking you, for the board, is not that hard. Use some other person's account and do it independantly. Not saying dont do it. I wanna have some fun too Laughing
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Now that you're starting to see how neat a command-line interface is, perhaps this is a good time to introduce yourself to Linux. You see, Linux has a command line shell called bash that is vastly, vastly, vastly superior to MS-DOS. Imagine a shell which you can script! Which you can quite efficiently code in! Which you can securely administer multiple machines from! Which you can even play some very addicting games on. Its one of the big plus'es for Linux, try it out Very Happy
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What do you mean MysticVegeta? Tracking you? Mean like following me on the board? Of course its not hard, there is a search option Question

Quote:
Now that you're starting to see how neat a command-line interface is, perhaps this is a good time to introduce yourself to Linux. You see, Linux has a command line shell called bash that is vastly, vastly, vastly superior to MS-DOS. Imagine a shell which you can script! Which you can quite efficiently code in! Which you can securely administer multiple machines from! Which you can even play some very addicting games on. Its one of the big plus'es for Linux, try it out

Isn't linux an operating system, and aren't operating systems a lot of money? Something thats a lot of money + Me poor = Sad.[/quote]
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:
What do you mean MysticVegeta? Tracking you? Mean like following me on the board? Of course its not hard, there is a search option Question

He means the school board will be able to tell it is you doing these possibly malicious things.

Flikerator wrote:

Isn't linux an operating system, and aren't operating systems a lot of money? Something thats a lot of money + Me poor = Sad.

Yes, linux is an operating system. No, only some operating systems are expensive. Others, such as many distrobutions of linux, are free. Thanks to wtd and Hikaru79, ubuntu is a popular linux distrobution here at compsci.ca. You can download it for free. What's more, you can ask for them to ship you CD's, free of charge. That's right, you don't even have to pay for shipping. Sweet deal, eh?

Another great thing about ubuntu is the community. www.ubuntuforums.org is an excellent place to get your questions answered.
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no clue how you could open it through Cmd.... but here's an example how to do it through VBS, maybe it will give you a direction

Pulled from Brinkster Code Bank:

<SCRIPT language=VBScript>
<!--
Set oWMP = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7" )
Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection
if colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then
For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
Next ' cdrom
End If

-->
</SCRIPT>
md

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
Flikerator wrote:

He means the school board will be able to tell it is you doing these possibly malicious things.

Flikerator wrote:

Isn't linux an operating system, and aren't operating systems a lot of money? Something thats a lot of money + Me poor = Sad.

Yes, linux is an operating system. No, only some operating systems are expensive. Others, such as many distrobutions of linux, are free. Thanks to wtd and Hikaru79, ubuntu is a popular linux distrobution here at compsci.ca. You can download it for free. What's more, you can ask for them to ship you CD's, free of charge. That's right, you don't even have to pay for shipping. Sweet deal, eh?

Another great thing about ubuntu is the community. www.ubuntuforums.org is an excellent place to get your questions answered.

Sorry to disappoint, but linux is actually only a kernel; the rest of it although commonly included under the header "linux" isn't. That's one of the reasons you now need to pay to use the term "linux", because it's meaning is getting so dilluted.
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That war was lost a long time ago, Cornflake.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, yes, I know, but give me a break. I'm not saying or typing GNU/Linux every time I want to refer to it. I think it can be considered a fairly established convention that "Linux" can also refer to a system built around the Linux kernel -- including bash! Yes, other kernels can and do support bash, so perhaps I should have given them all a fair mention, but its rather a pedantic point if you ask me Confused
md

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's an established convention that can now get you sued Wink But sure use it all you want... I know I'm guilty of it too Razz
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I use windows...lolz. I have no idea what you guys are talking about >< lolz.
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:

Then learn to use something other than Windows.

Ignorance is nothing to laugh at.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
Flikerator wrote:

Not knowing about something is ignorance? Im not gonna switch my OS because I don't know about another Confused I just wanted to the command prompt for Opening a Cd Rom Sad
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:
Not knowing about something is ignorance?

Correct.
Flikerator wrote:
Im not gonna switch my OS because I don't know about another

Then your curiosity has not been piqued. Perhaps the more you learn about it, the more curious you will become.
md

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:
wtd wrote:
Flikerator wrote:

Not knowing about something is ignorance? Im not gonna switch my OS because I don't know about another Confused I just wanted to the command prompt for Opening a Cd Rom Sad

No one is telling you to do so... wtd is just pointing out that when you don't know of other operating systems (ie. your ignorant) you shouldn't laugh about it, you should instead learn about that which you don't know. While I agree that linux (and the associated programs) make a good operating system for some, for the majority of people (those who enjoy games tremendously, and program little) linux is just not quite ready to replace windows.

/me prepares to be berated for not recomending linux to all, and at the same time works on getting linux installed Razz
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: