Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Lyke omg, Compsci h4x!!@!11!21oneoneone!@!!1
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mr. T

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:55 pm   Post subject: Lyke omg, Compsci h4x!!@!11!21oneoneone!@!!1

I was browsing through Holtsoft's site and stumbled across a link to Compsci. The title of the section where this link can be found describes the Compsci community as "Super Wizards At Turing." We pwnz Holtsoft!! lawl!1!@

http://holtsoft.com/turing/links.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Brightguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:44 am   Post subject: Re: Lyke omg, Compsci h4x!!@!11!21oneoneone!@!!1

Yeah, so they haven't updated the title in a while. I'm surprised they don't still have the danco address...
brenn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

*snerksnerk* XD I kinda wish I was around for the days of SWAT lol
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:16 am   Post subject: Re: Lyke omg, Compsci h4x!!@!11!21oneoneone!@!!1

Brightguy wrote:
Yeah, so they haven't updated the title in a while. I'm surprised they don't still have the danco address...

who are you?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Their site doesn't even pass the W3C validator. I don't place any value in the opinions of websites that can't even write decent HTML.

Besides,
Quote:
Designed for computer science instruction, Turing is simply the easiest, most fun, and most effective way of teaching programming concepts.
Uhm....ok Rolling Eyes
brenn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL, Boo-chan.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm surprised, but links page is actually HTML 4.01 valid.. fails XHTML horribly (38 errors) though.

Their main site is 13 errors away from being HTML 4.01 compliant, and a whooping 193 from XHTML 1.0 Transitional Laughing
Mr. T

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:21 pm   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

brenn wrote:
*snerksnerk* XD I kinda wish I was around for the days of SWAT lol

What's SWAT?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mr. T

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:22 pm   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

Boo-chan wrote:
Their site doesn't even pass the W3C validator. I don't place any value in the opinions of websites that can't even write decent HTML.

Besides,
Quote:
Designed for computer science instruction, Turing is simply the easiest, most fun, and most effective way of teaching programming concepts.
Uhm....ok Rolling Eyes

Well they need to promote their product...by any means necessary...even if that means lying to the general public about Turing's capabilities. Twisted Evil
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Alex's Opinion

Pwned wrote:
What's SWAT?

Pwned wrote:
"Super Wizards At Turing."
Brightguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Lyke omg, Compsci h4x!!@!11!21oneoneone!@!!1

Hacker Dan wrote:
who are you?

Shifty Uh, were you expecting someone special or important? I guess I'll have to disappoint you then. Wink

But I have been visiting the site since around the beginning I believe (on and off), so I do remember the SWAT days. It was still called SWAT when I signed up IIRC...

Boo-chan wrote:
I don't place any value in the opinions of websites that can't even write decent HTML.

Come on, that is quite a harsh judgement and over-generalization... Confused In most cases the content of the site is what's important.
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Lyke omg, Compsci h4x!!@!11!21oneoneone!@!!1

Brightguy wrote:
Boo-chan wrote:
I don't place any value in the opinions of websites that can't even write decent HTML.

Come on, that is quite a harsh judgement and over-generalization... Confused In most cases the content of the site is what's important.

Ok, I was being a little too harsh. It would be more correct to state that I place very little value on websites that have impoper HTML. I also place very little value on websites that have poor spelling, incorrect grammar, factual inconsistencies etc.

Unfortunately, megatokyo.com isn't W3C compliant either. Crying or Very sad
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Lyke omg, Compsci h4x!!@!11!21oneoneone!@!!1

Brightguy wrote:
Hacker Dan wrote:
who are you?

Shifty Uh, were you expecting someone special or important? I guess I'll have to disappoint you then. Wink

But I have been visiting the site since around the beginning I believe (on and off), so I do remember the SWAT days. It was still called SWAT when I signed up IIRC...

Well it's that you info about compsci.ca's history is intresting, there never was a danco address, there was a danpages one. But the danco progect existed befor any compsci.ca members other then tony and I. So my thinking was that i ether wrote somthing in a post or on the history page stating somthing about danco or you had to be some one i have met in RL.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Boo-chan wrote:

I doubt that compsci is HTML valid (then again... it is a phpBB template but sitll Smile.

Ah, I actually was there when compsci was "SWAT" XD Though soon after that (the first and only) "staff meeting" it turned into compsci, the logo was pretty cool XD.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe, old links are still lying around Dan...
http://danco.no-ip.com/turing/viewtopic.php?t=71
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=198&highlight=
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: