Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I need help
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
dburford11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:50 pm   Post subject: I need help

I am using the Quincy IDE. And I want to begin building programs in C/C++. I know the basics. But how do you build a file menu?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For that you're going to have to use the Win32 API, or something like MFC. These are not for the timid.

If you really want to build Windows GUIs, I strongly advise using C# and the .Net libraries.

Before investing time in that, though, consider a cross platform toolkit.
dburford11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
For that you're going to have to use the Win32 API, or something like MFC. These are not for the timid.

If you really want to build Windows GUIs, I strongly advise using C# and the .Net libraries.

Before investing time in that, though, consider a cross platform toolkit.

Ok I will try that.
md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you want to stick with C/C++ and still be cross platform I'd recomend SDL (it can also be used with OpenGL); or wx Windows (not sure if that's still what it's called). Both are cross platform to at least windows and linux (X11), and probably MacOS too (X11 and maybe coco or carbon).
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: