Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Graphics
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Geminias

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:23 pm   Post subject: Graphics

hey i'm wondering if there are .dll's or a directx or something like i can download and make graphics with c++.. nothing hard core just like full screens and gui's

what would i be looking for and is it frree
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OpenGL is free.

From what I've seen, any such thing would be out of your league. You need further experience with the basics, and you've not yet reached the limits of what console-based UIs can teach you.
Geminias

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

true but i learn a lot better by reading code and trying to figure out what it does as opposed to going through a big long tutorial.

i'll check opengl out, thanks.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The thing is, while you may learn better with graphics, in C++ it takes a lot more previous knowledge to actually start doing the graphics in the first place. Oh, and OpenGL is quite "hard core".

Full screen command prompt is quite doable though, but I am fairly sure it is windows-specific.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: