Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Faking system specs
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:25 pm   Post subject: Faking system specs

If there's a program that I know I can run, but it requires a certain system specification to be met in order to execute, is there any way to fake it? Anyone hear of such a thing?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes I've heard of something like this, but at the time I thought (and possibly still do?) that this would never be neccessary. In that regard, I forgot the name or pretty much anything else Smile.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hm... others have "heard" about it too. Can anyone possibly, if you have a bit of time to spare, ask someone convenient who might know something about this?
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well since I know nothing, i've been messing with some things, apparently this exe uses GetSystemInfo to get my system information, like architecture, processor type, speed etc. Anyone have experience with either how to edit exe's or know how to fake a System_info?
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

... The detail and mathematical/physical accuracy that weant into designing those boobie's bounce is both impressive and disturbing. Confused
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: