Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bullet Time Pong
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Did you like this game?
(No ending time set)
Yes.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
No.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

do_pete

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:22 am   Post subject: Bullet Time Pong

This is my first game ever game in Turing. It was origianlly known as "Peter's Pong". For this game I made my own cool looking GUI. The game is pretty simple to play: Control the two paddles with the mouse. Try to stop the ball from passing your paddles. The more you hit the ball with the paddle the more it speeds up. Your score is the amount of times you hit the ball. Pressing the left mouse button makes you go into slow-motion. The green bar on the right is the amount of time that you can go into slow-motion. Right clicking brings up the in-game menu

You CAN'T play the game without the music becuase it is EXTREMELY SLOW.

Credits:
Programmed by Peter Do
Music by Aaron Liblong
explosion.wav taken from Space Game in the Turing examples
click.wav taken from some Windows program

Bullet Time Pong.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bullet Time Pong.zip
 Filesize:  378.26 KB
 Downloaded:  244 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow, amazing for a first game, and creative game idea - I've never seen a pong like that. Nice UI too. Only problem is that it's a bit fast on my computer Smile, are you using Time.DelaySinceLast()?

The game runs slowly without the music because Turing is still checking for the file, if you take the music out of the code, then it won't be slow anymore.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: