Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 University Open Houses
Index -> Student Life
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:05 pm   Post subject: University Open Houses

UWaterloo Open House this Saturday, from 9:00AM to 3:00PM.

Who's going? What Faculty/Programs are you going to see? Which residences are you going to see?

For students who are there currently: Wings? Very Happy

-----

I'm going to check out the Engineering Faculty. Specifically looking into Mechatronics, but I'll also check out Nano.
I also intend to check out the Faculty of Mathematics for either Pure or Applied Math.
I'll probably attend the co-op session.

Residences: No idea. I'll decide on that later, or perhaps when I'm there. I want suite style.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im at uwp... if u wana see how crappy our place is, i guess u can come take a look lol
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey Cervantes - send me a PM on Friday, see where I'm going to be at.

If I don't go to Toronto for the weekend, I'll show you around campus, tell you what Mechatronics is really all about. You don't really get to see much during those events. Perhaps a general tour of the campus (this building is for Engineers, moving on) and get to ask questions of some untrained student volunteer. Last time around I was asking about Mechatronics just for the kicks of it, but Brenda's hysterical giggling gave us (and the fact that we were already in the program) away.

I'm certanly up for wings afterwards as well.
brenn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sheesh, she asked if we applied for the program.

She must not've seen all the UW paraphenalia that I was sporting. (A UW Engineering lanyard, and I think a pink UW sweatshirt)
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sounds great!

Tony wrote:
Last time around I was asking about Mechatronics just for the kicks of it, but Brenda's hysterical giggling gave us (and the fact that we were already in the program) away.

Laughing Reminds me of something that reminds me of something that might be of interest: ECE@UofT gave out free 64mb usbkeys, apparently containing images and possibly videos and other information about the program/faculty.

Anyways, I expect some people are going. Is anyone making a trip from Windsor? I want that DVD, Hikaru79! Very Happy
brenn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aa... Looks like I'll be working O.T. on Saturday O_O So, winnnngs on Saturday!!!!!
brenn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

*bumpity* What's happening tomorrow, then?
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

We're getting together at SLC at noon, by Tim Hortons on the stairs. RSVP here so that we'll know to wait for you.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There's a second faculty tour from 1:00 - 2:30 (the first one being from 10:-11:30 [I'm meeting with Jiran at 11:40]). I'd like to see the Math and Engineering faculties.

I could see both and go around with you for an hour, though that's little time, especially if we're going to eat. Razz

Or, I could not go on the afternoon tour. If you've got the time, I guess you could show me around the buildings. I was also wondering if you two have got any projects you've done. Heh, that should be interesting. Very Happy
brenn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Psst, I have photos...
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You guys are welcome to come over to my place if you've got time. We can go out for sashimi - I know all the good places.
brenn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

xD will you pick us up, pay for our transportation, and drop us off back home after the evening's over? Very Happy
da_foz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This thread makes me feel old. I just graduated from comp sci at Queen's. I guess if you want to know anything you could message me. I'm actually still at Queen's...I'm working there now.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

brenn wrote:
Psst, I have photos...

Got 'em. Very Happy

In other news,
F!rosh for a Day, at the U of T; this Saturday from 10:00AM to 4:30PM

I may or may not attend. If I did, I would probably be looking into ECE most heavily.

Queen's University Fall Preview, this Saturday, starting at 10:00AM

Again, I may or may not go. If I do, it would be to check out Mathematics and Engineering and Physics.

Hey da_foz: Awesome! Know anything about these two programs listed above? Wink
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

UWaterloo Campus Day - Tues. March 14

For those who have applied / been accepted to UW.

Who's coming? I, for one.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 26 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: