Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Super Mario Text!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Do you like this game?
(No ending time set)
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

darkyoshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:29 pm   Post subject: Super Mario Text!

That's right, a text-based Mario game! It's my first somewhat fun game, and it's all about timing. You're told what's coming, and what to press. Make sure you press the arrow key it tells you to. It looks like this:

X approachis! Press X to do action X to it!
It is 3 metres away
It is 2 metres away
It is 1 metre away! Now!

Then you have a limited amount of time to press the key. You lose if you do not press the key, or if you are pressing the key before it tells you to.

The final stage with Bowser as quite hard, as I have played the game fully three times (even though it's short) and I haven't beaten it yet.

Mario.zip
 Description:
Super Mario Text

Download
 Filename:  Mario.zip
 Filesize:  275.54 KB
 Downloaded:  1506 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This proves why there aren't any text based action games in the world . . lol. Thats good start to programming, now maybe if you had some images being drawn beside the text it'd add a little bit. I only got as far as the second jump, mainly because i didn't feel liek reading and only playing once. Good work tho..
Albrecd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Um... Mario was not meant to be a text style game... good job on what you had to work with though.
blaster009

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If Mario wasn't meant to involve typing/text, then why do we have Mario Teaches Typing? And the sequel? Lol, that's all I have to say.
iker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If old posts weren't meant to be posted on, then why do people still do that? Thats all i have to say...
blaster009

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For the same reason your post came in response two days after I made my original post.
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This thread is locked
For exsessive attempts to raise the dead.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: