Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I CAN READ YOUR MIND!!!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:27 am   Post subject: I CAN READ YOUR MIND!!!!

i really didnt want to post the source code for this program, youd figure out how it works too quickly, but its fun, and i confuse my friends with it!

***EDIT***
reposted with bugs fixed.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
codemage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cool. I saw that originally as a flash file. I ran it a handful of times (and it worked), but it failed to draw any symbol once. :/
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what do you mean, it "failed to draw any symbol once"? it runs just fine here...
codemage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Once when it did the fade screen thing, the screen stayed blank / white, without showing a symbol.

It only did it once - so it might be a fluky thing, or it might be that one of the symbols in particular isn't displaying properly.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a lot of symbols are not showing up for me.. make sure you're using a common font, perhaps include it with your source.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im using default turing font, so that cant be it. ill change the screen size, cause you guys might be rinning on higher res than me, therfor hiding most of the symbols. as for the fade, it does it twice, so wait a bit. ill repost the code with all the bugs worked out of it.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You sneaky little *******. I got it now.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jamonathin wrote:
You sneaky little *******. I got it now.

how about telling the rest of the world how it works, ill give you bits if your right Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
codemage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not going to throw up a mathematical proof, since that's the subject that almost ruined my post-secondary life.

But the number you end up with will always be a multiple of 9.

The program shows the same symbol for each of these numbers. Whatever symbol the program picked (dictated by "randin") will be the symbol that you "picked" as well.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

+ bits to codemage!
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah thats it, so basically you can pick any number and the result of whatever it is you have to do will always be 'x', and the program randomizes the shapes, and whatever shape gets 'x', will be the shape at the end. Codemage is too fast a poster for me Razz.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

+ bits to jamonathin as well, for trying, that is. Every symbol is actually random, except for every multiple of 9, starting at 81 going down. If you do the math right, your awnser will allways be a multiple of 9, therfor the program is allways right! :sneer:
Smallz-15

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Zeropaladn nice program,yet it still does'nt pick the symbol I choose. I followed the instructions and everything. I checked the source code and it looks like a lot of math and multiples went into this program nice work. If I am correct there is a trick when the number is choosen and when you do the subtracting stuff. Nice Work, I will give you bits when I recieve some because I have just joined this forum. Unique...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: