Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Piano
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The only thing I found in the turing examples was:
code:

% The "Music.Play" program.
% Play quickly (eighth notes)
Music.Play ("8cdefgab>c")
Music.Play ("<bagfedc")

% Now play slower (half notes)
Music.Play ("2cdefgab>c")
Music.Play ("<bagfedc")
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It just happens way too often that someone posts something that they "borrowed". I think dragon was just a bit too trigger happy. The reality is when you look at the play command it screams "make a graphical example!" 8 years ago I used to give that as an assignment (noisy room)
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Whoa, ur a teacher? Finally, someone who can make up for the gap my teacher left in my lessons by leaving for 30 min every other class Shifty
j/k
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my teacher had all sound cards removed from the computers because (though she didn't teach it), someone found out the play() function and told everyone and so when she was talking people would start playing around with it. i think the sound or whatever it is to play frequency still works, i don't know though
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Want to know 90% of what I teach in gr 11, here I posted it already
www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?p=26623&highlight=#26623
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

EH?!? Im in grade 10 and we already learned all that except for the procedure and function, I learned procedure by myself, and we're only half way thru the year. Maybe u go deeper into it.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Did you download the examples???
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

compsic has no real outline that anyone follows , all depends on the teacher if your grade 10 course wsa like that , then you have a rockin compsci teacher that knows what he is talking about , just llike McKenzie , but there are lots of unlucky peopel that get teachers that are just right out of the book peopel and thats really bad for programming
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

before our teacher came back from her break away from school (personal reasons), we had this guy who probably knew every single thing about computers BUT programming. he just gave us the book and told us to have fun.
white_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

by the way.............i found where it is. DJ got it from a turing tutorial guide (3rd edition) by J.N.P Hume. it's a book. borrow it from a library or something. just makin a point.
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well either way.. I think DJ should spice it up a bit... like have it so you can save your songs... show a scale... let the user go up and down octaves, notes can be picked by clicking on the scale.. ya that'd be kewl... if you don't make it... I'm going to... after my pic~2~code program Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

looks like after your done ur pic 2 code program, your up for anything.
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya its true... but thats because I like programming things that I haven't done yet... or anyone else have done... its funner that way... creativity and originality make your programs even better Smile
McKenzie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here is some piano code I made for fun. Shows basic piano with a mouse.

piano.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  piano.t
 Filesize:  1.46 KB
 Downloaded:  120 Time(s)

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

can turing play longer notes?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: