Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 FrontEnd for TinyDrive
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
beard0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:17 pm   Post subject: FrontEnd for TinyDrive

This morning I read an article about a system for storing files in tinyurls. The program that does this, and an explanation can be found here. It is completely command line based, so I decided to write a GUI front end for it, and this is it. Very Happy

I am sending the comiled version, because again, I have used my customized GUI to make this. If you would like to see the source code, it's stored on TinyDisk. Here's the FrontEnd.tdf MetaFile:
code:
# TinyDiskFile - used to retrieve a file that has been stored in TinyUrl.com!
#
# By Acidus - Most Significant Bit Labs - Acidus@msblabs.org
Version: 1.0
Filename: FrontEnd.t
Size: 2406
Checksum Algorithm: CRC32
Checksum: 2259392157
Compression Algorithm: Deflate
Encryption Algorithm: AES, 128bit
Encryption Key: IlIg+IGr/IHxAbnmwLcXfA==
#
# Cluster Hashes
#
Clusters: 1
Cluster: a2ex7

FrontEnd for TinyDisk.zip
 Description:
*You must also download TinyDisk, and place both in the same directory!

Download
 Filename:  FrontEnd for TinyDisk.zip
 Filesize:  402.63 KB
 Downloaded:  118 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Interesting, but then will probably find some way to stop this sometime soon - I don't think they are in the business of giving away free storage space on their sever...

Looks nice, once again, I like your GUI. I will try it out practically later (do you need TinyDisk for this to work? I assume so).
beard0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, you need TinyDisk. I didn't include it in my zip, but it's a quick download from the site I linked at the top, and no need to install, just unzip it, and place my program in the same folder. I didn't include it because I couldn't find what type of licence it was being released under. :)
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

they can't really stop it.

I suppose they could validate for an active link at signup, but then again http://compsci.ca/v2/index.php?hash=text works. Limiting the size of the link undermines their own service.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: