Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Recommendations for a new Laptop <is for suckers>
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hypocrisy is for suckers.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
codemage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have an ancient 286 monochrome laptop that may interest you if you don't like plastic cases (as has been mentioned).

It's US ARMY surplus, and it has 1/4" armour plating. I dropped it down a flight of stairs once, accidentally, and the results were disastrous. The stairs look like hell now. Laptop's fine.

Probably not the best option for HL2 or Matrix Online though.
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

codemage wrote:
I have an ancient 286 monochrome laptop that may interest you if you don't like plastic cases (as has been mentioned).

It's US ARMY surplus, and it has 1/4" armour plating. I dropped it down a flight of stairs once, accidentally, and the results were disastrous. The stairs look like hell now. Laptop's fine.

Probably not the best option for HL2 or Matrix Online though.

Where did you get it?
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Army surplus laptops are for... hmm. I'd be interested in knowing where you got it as well.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can always buy custom laptops though....*emtpy ur pockets* Very Happy its good to wait till after chirstmas whenthe prices go down .....and dont go to future shop...go to a specilized store not a chain they over price and custumer support is bad Evil or Very Mad
codemage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Got it off a business associate who knew a quartermaster who was in charge of getting rid of them.
didsbub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 6000. It's great, good graphics card, lots of memory; mine came with 1Gb of RAM. It has centrino movile technology, good speakers and an 80GB hardrive. I recommend this computer!
1of42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

didsbub wrote:
I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 6000. It's great, good graphics card, lots of memory; mine came with 1Gb of RAM. It has centrino movile technology, good speakers and an 80GB hardrive. I recommend this computer!

Do you know what centrino mobile technology is, or are you just spouting off the tech specs from the webpage? Wink

Anyways, Dell in general == bad.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 38 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: