Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Recommendations for a new Laptop <is for suckers>
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
md

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Kids are for suckers.
Speak for yourself... kids are cute! Although I'm still not sure I'd want to own one just yet...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd, you're quite wrong.. my laptop costed less than 2k cnd, it has 2 gigs of ram, a pentium M 2.0 ghz processor, Nvidia Geforce 6600 gpu, and has 6.5 hours of battery life and a 100 gb hdd, only weighs 6.5 pounds and is cool enuff to be put on ur lap without any problems
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

6.5 hours of battery life? Doing what, looking at the bios?
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Indee. 6.5 hours of battery life sounds like the advertised battery life, which never holds true.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

too bad thats what the clock said rite after my comp died, o and yea thats cuz i took out the cd drive and put in an secondary one, but i never use my cd drive anyhow
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
1st of all get a laptop that is made of a good quality metal and not plasick (as in the case).

definately cuz my last one fell 5 inches and BOOM honest to god i still cant find my enter key and i need all the parts to return it, i love best buy

Hacker Dan wrote:
2ndly if u whont a gaming laptop perpaer to pay ALOT if you whont one that is going to be able to play the newest games over the next few years. Noramly if u whont to game get a desktop, i whould only recoremend such a laptop if u are ritch, have some speashal need that requres such portable power or what to buy a laptop that will stay up to date with things for the magoity of it's life time.

firstly i do play alot of games and i mean LOTS and high end too, matrix online half life 2 unreal tournament 2004 etc. and i still need portability for school and everything else cuz i do travel alot and 18 hours in a car without a laptop with my 14 year old sister screaming that ... anyways i need portability

Hacker Dan wrote:
Persoanly in my option the best power user/gaming laptop you can get is an aline ware. Aline ware dose have a small problem with heating but this is not realy a porblem if u use it sainly (ie. not over clocking on a hot summer day with no ac) and ushely most heating problems can be fixed with a cooling pad and/or cleaning of the fans with compresed air. The only other problem i have with them is that there tech sport is not the best, i think they outsorce to some country that can not speak english well.

i forgot to say in my original post that that was my second choice but i could get a cooling pad and well i dont really overclock too badly

Hacker Dan wrote:

I have also had a Dell laptop and had nothing but problems with it from the 1st day. I had to have somthing replaced on it monthly, eveything from mothborads, keyborads, mice, case, cpu, and cd drive. I gave up on it once the screen fell off tho.

mental note: DELL sucks my ******* and can kiss my ***** *** *****
you mind can fill in the rest

Hacker Dan wrote:
Any how that is my rany about laptops........

nice rant 8/10 we are not worthy I am not worthy

EDIT: forgot to say that i have been saving up for a while and have a fair amount of money saved away so price is not as big a problem but i just dont want to be ripped of
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
6.5 hours of battery life? Doing what, looking at the bios?

so true since my last laptop had problems with the battery and it only lasted about an hour word processing and my ipod (s) im on my third because of battery failure

mental note: APPLE SUCKS JUST AS MUCH AS DELL
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

djlenny_3000 wrote:

Uh oh. Them's fightin' words. where's wtd?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Kids are for suckers.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Note: The opinions expressed in this comic are not necessarily my own.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

djlenny_3000 wrote:

cuz it has far too many zealots backing it up? Wink
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd wager there are a lot more mindless Dull advocates out there than Mac zealots.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Posting comics to make a point is for suckers.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Using comics to make an avatar is for suckers.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
1of42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
I'd wager there are a lot more mindless Dull advocates out there than Mac zealots.

but when you average them all out, the two groups have equal levels of mindlessness. Very Happy
md

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

One line posts calling people suckers are for suckers.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 38 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: