Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What is your favourite game preferece?
(Voting is closed)
Call of Duty (any)
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Halo (any)
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Blizzard Entertainment Games
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Gears of War (any)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Internet Games (If voted for this, state your favorite)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I dont like any of those! I play the games that i create!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Velocity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:30 pm   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

lol so if you die and try to play again it will ''dammit humans dont come back to life although you got lucky... Please try again in 2 months while your soldier is in surgery'' and also i would love a game add on to battle where like if you get hit by a grenade or something depending on the angle it would rip off your leg or arm or something like that.. Just a little more realistic gore wise.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:31 pm   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

Grenades usually blow you up completely Wink
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:54 pm   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

@ProgrammingFun actually usually they don't. only if grenades are close enough will they will blow you up completely, mostly they are kicked away, or the person can get far enough away to just lose limbs, although they often bleed out anyways. Cooking grenades in real life is highly dangerous and nearly every army tells it's soldiers not to do it.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:03 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

mirhagk @ Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:54 pm wrote:
@ProgrammingFun actually usually they don't. only if grenades are close enough will they will blow you up completely, mostly they are kicked away, or the person can get far enough away to just lose limbs, although they often bleed out anyways. Cooking grenades in real life is highly dangerous and nearly every army tells it's soldiers not to do it.
Sure, but it would still be redundant in a game because then you have to lie around for a) someone to heal you or b) an enemy to kill you.
In that scenario, most people would probably suicide since teamwork has become very rare in FPS games thanks to CoD. Also, I wasn't referring to cooked grenades Very Happy
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 pm   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

I was actually talking about this with my friend, we were talking about star wars battlefront 2, and how I always play by myself rather than online. Someone asked me why, and I commented on the fact that AI's are built for teamwork and to help me out. People online are just jerks lol.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:43 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

mirhagk @ Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 pm wrote:
I was actually talking about this with my friend, we were talking about star wars battlefront 2, and how I always play by myself rather than online. Someone asked me why, and I commented on the fact that AI's are built for teamwork and to help me out. People online are just jerks lol.

I eventually got really tired of playing by myself in single-player and went online Very Happy
Whenever you do witness actual teamwork, it just feels awesome and one of the reasons I play Battlefield is that it's one of the games that I was able to find that had much more teamwork then other, similar games.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:12 pm   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

Games should reward teamwork a lot more, I think that was the biggest problem with CoD is the Kill Death Ratio, where people feel they must play alone basically to get the maximum number of kills, rather than just winning.
ThunderBlaze

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:10 am   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

I?d prefer call of duty, I play this very often and it?s probably the best.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 am   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

I've been trying to figure out a way to reward players for teamwork, to encourage it. The only ways I can think of are class based systems (which don't really end up with teamwork, because the classes that can play independently do, and the support classes are just expected to bend to the whims of the assaulting classes). The other way would be to somehow remove all 12 year olds, so making it unappealing to them.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:59 am   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

Actually, if you balance it, it works well. For instance, in TF2, every class is just as important and all are useful in different scenarios. It all depends on what abilities you give to the different classes and how powerful you make them. If you do it class based, you just need to make sure each class has a specific talent that makes them useful in at least some scenarios (or all, if possible)

I've played quite a few games where the teams ended up being about 2:3 in men, but I worked with a team that worked together and we still won.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:42 pm   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

Yeah. And I was thinking perhaps there can only be one of every class on a team (although people might fight for the popular roles)
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:47 pm   Post subject: RE:What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

Or you could make it so only a certain amount of each class... It depends on the amount of players involved and the amount of classes availible.
Beastinonyou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:43 pm   Post subject: Re: What do you rather prefer? (Gaming)

Just to give an example, M.A.G for the Ps3 had a somewhat unique approach to rewarding people for teamwork.

It was as simple as giving more experience for completing objectives in your squads. Sure, you still get experience for killing people, but you get significantly more experience for completing objectives and being support classes, such as
the Engineers, or the Medics.

Heck, I was barely ever an "Assault" soldier... I'm normally a sniper, because I don't like to "Run N' Gun", but being a Medic and healing people was far more rewarding than running around and killing people. Being the engineer, I would
keep repairing bunkers, vehicles, etc., to earn more experience.

It was really fun too. It was also cool how they had users divided into eight-player squads, with four squads forming a platoon, and four platoons forming a company.. (not to mention the "up-to-256-player" online. I never experienced lag... ).
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 58 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: