Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I think Dan is taking things way to seriously.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
octopi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If people want to flame, let them flame!
If you acctually care what someone you don't know 'says' to you on a website (or in the real world), you've got other problems, that maybe a psychiatrist should look at (depression).
I don't think you should limit the flaming to PM's, because....I personally like to read flames, there fun, and interesting, and some of the stuff expressed in them is the most lively content I've seen on this site in a while. (Nowadays, I only lurke, and only post when I feel the need.)

Arguing is part of human nature, thats why your girlfriend(If you've got one.) gets upset/mad at you about the stupidest, and most pointless things, and why best friends get in fights about even stupider things. But these examples never really last.....like how long can you stay mad at your best friend?

People want to flame, its part of being human. Its also kinda of funny to hear the insults people can come up with, and see how witty they can be.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
apomb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

octopi, i definately agree with the "Arguing is part of human nature" thing, and do find the flame wars kinda fun to read.However, it gets unnerving when a whole site is up in arms because of a couple poeples' posts. There are rules and guidelines that just have to be followed, no matter how instinctive arguing is. Plus, arguing is stating your views in opposition to someone else's views, flamming is just plain disregard for the other person's opinion. Just look at our posts ...i am arguing your point without flamming, so i support the no flame rule.
octopi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

CompWiz333 wrote:
However, it gets unnerving when a whole site is up in arms because of a couple poeples' posts.

My whole point is that......theres something wrong when 'a whole site is up in arms' over something so stupid, and pointless. People care about it, and they shouldn't.
zomg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

visit http://xiplst.uni.cc/ximbio/, where flamers are weclome
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shadow master wrote:
visit http://xiplst.uni.cc/ximbio/, where flamers are weclome

Stop posting that dam link, it has been posted over doing it at this level is just spaming.

Also the site is hardly up in armas any more, and this topic is geting quite pointless......
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

can I lock it then? XD I want to lock something!
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dont u dare lock anything in my world... if you do i'll just err unlock it...
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

............ your world... DUDE I OWN THIS PLACE!!!! jokes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aoi wrote:
can I lock it then? XD I want to lock something!

Amailer edit:
How about no flaming?
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh he was flaming me that must be fun thought don't you get in shit for flaming mods?
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aoi wrote:
oh he was flaming me that must be fun thought don't you get in shit for flaming mods?

Ushely yes.....i whould say that some one should lock this....*hint hint*
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aoi wrote:

How was ttha tflaming? You said you wanted to lock sumthing, so i said your mouth. Seems fair and like others would also enjoy that.
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Aoi wrote:

Ushely yes.....i whould say that some one should lock this....*hint hint*

okay locking now
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey! did i not say no locking? *

contemplating whether if i should unlock it*
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ummm but dan was hinting to lock it
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: