Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 amd 64
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

what type of processor do you have
(No ending time set)
Athlon 64
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Athlon XP
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Duron/Athlon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pentium 4
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Pentium 3
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Celeron
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
pentium 2 or less
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Blade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ya, its called cool 'n quiet... which is a version of PowerNow! .. the reason its unstable is because when you overclock you are putting out more power, so in return more power has to come from somewhere, so that means that you are going to have to increase your core voltage, which is basically what makes the computer run so much hotter. .. but like i siad, i wouldnt overclock without getting a new heatsink and fan that can cool your processor... oh and its always good to have case fans to remove the excess heat out of your case... because blowing warm air onto a warm heatsink isnt gonna do much for ya. but ya, increasing the core voltage a little bit will make your cpu more stable. you said you got ddr 400? well depending on the manufactuerer your ram could be limiting you as well, you will have to get faster ram that is able to handle the higher speeds of the fsb... although my friend i go to LAN parties with has this OCZ dual channel EL pc 4500 (ddr 433) that he can get running at 500.. so you'll have ot play around with your settings to see what kinda speeds you can get out of your ram. but just make sure to monitor your temeratues of your processor, if you can keep it cool then why not pull a few hundred extra mhz out of it?

BTW: overclocking voids the cpu warrenty, and using an alternate heatsink and fan voids the cpu warrenty.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ic
i got 5 case fans already
and i dont think ill be overclocking this thing anymore

i just see the point its fast enough... right now its my ram and graphics card holding me back

and if i wan a faster processor, i can always upgrade Razz to like the 3600+ f that is ever coming out

has anyone ever heard of apacer ram cuz thats wat i got and i can push it all the way to 450 mhz ddr (900mhz in total) Shocked of course the ram would prabably fry long before then...
MihaiG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I cant wait for Summer 2005 AMD will release its first Dual core processor...(two proccesors(32bit) running in parrallel)
CiscoSystems also release a 192 core router gthat handles 1.2trill.bps
IBM has the Power5(not to good i heard)(dual)
Intel has a prototype dual core Itanium chips
Sun Micro.... the "Niagra" chip which will be realsed in 2006 will have 8 cores (about 2gHz each)ie... an total value of about 16gHz

-edit-
holding a laptop on ur lap can cause sterility due to a raise in a couple degrees of ur private parts(the heat of hte laptop) so if i were you get that laptop of the lap or youll be childless Wink
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

err wtf.. u talkin about? ever heard of opteron? and if im not mistaken, the nforce 4 chipset supports it quite nicely.. plus its got an onboard hardwire firewall... yummy

and as for apple, G5 runs dual 1.6 ghz 32 bit processors... and its nice so plz dont post anything unless u noe what ur talkin about nxt time
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 34 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: