Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 deleting OS
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
it sounds like you just bought this computer. So back up the few documents or whatever that you have on it now to a CD. Reformat the Hard Drive, and do a clean XP install.

actually, i bought this computer 14 month ago, i just havent gotten around to solving the problem cuz...i dont know how to
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe. Is it really a problem though? You managed to live with it for a year already.
It still seems strange to me. Do you remember installing it to C:\C\? It's a weird place for it to automatically install to...
person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Hehe. Is it really a problem though? You managed to live with it for a year already.
It still seems strange to me. Do you remember installing it to C:\C\? It's a weird place for it to automatically install to...

i dont really remember where i installed it 14 month ago, but i just assumed that since there already was a WINDOWS folder in my C drive, it didnt want to overwrite it, so it just made another folder named C. im now curious to know though,
does anyone have a computer with only one OS that also has a folder named C and also has a WINDOWS folder in it, as well as a WINDOWS folder in ur C drive?

btw : i know im an idiot for installing them in the same pertition, or even installing them at all
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think I've ever had a C folder in my C drive. When I was a kid if my OS was messed up, my cousin would reinstall Windows and have the old Windows folder in C:\Windows\Winold. So yeah, that's my experience with the whole multiple windows thing. But what else is in that C folder?
Try comparing the C:\Windows to C:\C\Windows, it's really curious to me.
person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
I don't think I've ever had a C folder in my C drive. When I was a kid if my OS was messed up, my cousin would reinstall Windows and have the old Windows folder in C:\Windows\Winold. So yeah, that's my experience with the whole multiple windows thing. But what else is in that C folder?
Try comparing the C:\Windows to C:\C\Windows, it's really curious to me.

there's nothing else in that C folder.

iv compared the contents, and there is more content in one of them than the other. and i have been using one of my OS 99.99% of the time
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Then I'd guess you could go ahead and delete that C folder. Though you may want to back stuff up (because shit happens). Of course, if that is your windows folder it probably wouldn't let you delete it, I think.
zomg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya it wont let u delete the current windows directory, it'll say something like files are in use or something
person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanx for all the help, iv deleted that redundant OS Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 23 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: