Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bubble Trouble [Source]
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:21 am   Post subject: Bubble Trouble [Source]

Here's a game i made a little while ago. Some of the techniques can look a little newbish, which is one reason why I wanted to post this; so that people can see that it's possible to make cool games without craxy code.

One thing I ask is that you dont show a bunch of people this game and claim it as your own, for two reasons. One, it's my game. Two, if you need to tell people that this is your game, then your obviously not good enough to make something of your own, and someone would have to be dumb to believe you.

Have fun Smile.

** You may notice that lives dont really mean anything, this is because the game is hard enough to get through with unlimited lives. Just try to beat it without running out Wink **

Bubble Trouble Source.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bubble Trouble Source.zip
 Filesize:  581.35 KB
 Downloaded:  2445 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
beard0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow - good job. I believe this is the first game that I've seen at this site that I would actually like to play again, including my own. Good job (again).

On a separate note - damn you! Do you have any idea how addictive this game is? I was almost late for my class because I wasn't paying attention to the time.

I agree about the coding - I'd love to see each level defined as a simple file. Also using records to describe each ball, etc. Not so great having to have a separate procedure for each level. Each level should be playable with the same code - just different variable values.
nmr123321

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

very good buddy
game looks so original
Mr. T

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:00 pm   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

nmr123321 wrote:
very good buddy
game looks so original

Funny because it's a remake of an already existing game. Laughing
jamonathin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

beard0 wrote:
Wow - good job. I believe this is the first game that I've seen at this site that I would actually like to play again, including my own. Good job (again).

On a separate note - damn you! Do you have any idea how addictive this game is? I was almost late for my class because I wasn't paying attention to the time.

Same goes with me. This game and my banana dodging game were the only two games I've ever actually played more than once, without demonstrating it to others.

** I too have been late a few times ** Razz

beard0 wrote:

I agree about the coding - I'd love to see each level defined as a simple file. Also using records to describe each ball, etc. Not so great having to have a separate procedure for each level. Each level should be playable with the same code - just different variable values.

Yeah, there's a LOT of cleaning up that program can use.

Pwned wrote:
nmr123321 wrote:
very good buddy
game looks so original

Funny because it's a remake of an already existing game.

That and I took several screen shots to create those sprites and images.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: