Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Character Manager
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:03 am   Post subject: Character Manager

Finally, this is done! Or, workable, at least. This is a program my girlfriend asked me to make. It's taken me about a week.

The program lets you create and edit character files (for stories). Lets you store character's name, age, birthday, and description in a small .chr file (basically a text file). You can edit or delete current files in the main manager window.

Features to add:

-Relations section:
Basically, another window will pop up allowing you to add information about family and friends, at first only strings, but maybe then select from character files. Then even have it so when you select a character, the person is added to that person's respective relation (ie Chr1 adds Chr2 as uncle, Chr1 is added to Chr2 as neice/nephew)

-Female/Male. tecnically, i couldve done this right now, but i just thought of it

-Menu accelerators (Ctrl+N for new, Ctrl+S for save)

-Finding a way to confirm close when user clicks the 'X' button in the top right

Hope you like it Smile

EDIT: Updated (I know it works, it's worked on a few computers) and sorting added Smile

Character Manager.zip
 Description:
Character Manager version 1.3
Copyright (C) Anthony Aziz 2005 All Rights Reserved

Download
 Filename:  Character Manager.zip
 Filesize:  23.09 KB
 Downloaded:  260 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BladeOfDeath

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm having troubles running the program.
Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What version of the java do you have? 1.4 or 1.5? you need JRE 1.5. And try the jar, i know it works.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I get a problem too, it says "main class not found".
Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, it's edited, try it now. if it doeswn't work, Check out my "Ugh...now problems running..." topic (or somehting of the like) in the java help section. rizzix posted a solution (i think it is a solution at least)
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: