Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Will you get a GMail acount over a hotmail one?
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Will you ditch Hotmail for GMail?
(No ending time set)
Of corse all that space!
60%
 60%  [ 42 ]
I am not lazy to move over
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
No way i like hotmail!
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
Pff, i only whont me to read my e-mail (other e-mail provider)
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 70

the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nie sig quick flash.
Gmail Search and Check << on that thing that rizzx posted.. OMFG OMFG!! THAT IS AWSOME ! ! ! U OWN MAN !! U OWN!

ok, but yea google should make a messenger.. it would definately kick msn's asss.. like common.. how many times has msn signed u off for no reason? crashed during a convo? simply failed to work?.. googles all about reliability, security, and shear greatness.. and im shure they will one day.. one day.. beat ms Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
axej

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im currently beta testing it and its not too great Sad
i lose about70% of my mail due to unknown reasons(i just don't recieve them especially when you email yourself an important project the morning before its due to print and find it gone Sad ) . i have fiends that experience these exact same problem.
plus, yahoo and hotmail are now upgrading all old accounts to 1Gb of friggin storage! Dance Claping Head Bang
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright this is getting sorta anoying, your bringing up VERY old topics :S
And how is it not great? Its working prefectly... ahh Gmail is the good way Smile
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Indeed. If only there were a news post (or two) pointing out that bringing up very old topics isn't a good thing. Oh wait, there are. And you actually posted in one of them.

And please, let's try to tone down the emoticon usage.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Laughing Indeed Very Happy please stop posting on old, dead, and fairly pointless topics Surprised . *end useless emoticon use*

Anyways, does anyone know of a way to quickly forward all your hotmail messages to gmail? Damn hotmail probably thought of this sort of situation and doesn't have mass forwarding. Any way to at least quickly save all your emails to the computer? I would use gmail, but I have 600 emails in my hotmail account which I dont want to lose...
axej

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im srry that i revitalized this thread because i didn't look at the date, but it appears that you have questions about this topic
edit=>srry aboot that im in apissy mood right now i'm stuck doing my geography cuminating Sad
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

@[Gandalf]
Couldn't you use an email client that downloads email to your computer (like Thunderbird or *shudder* Outlook Express).
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea i just took and hour and forwarded 50 emails from hotmail to my gmail.. and i set up a filter on gmail that all emails from my old adress would be archived automatically and label "old Email"... hotmail of course doesnlt want you to switch.. hence the hard forwarding and increased space.. hahah.. . . still pathetic wihtout forwards and labels!.. . .heres a cool picture

http://www.members.shaw.ca/short1_main/gmailisawsome.gif

yea.. i uploaded 3 full dvds to my gmail account using Peer2mail..it auto splits and sends all 70ish 9.5mb chunks... did during the night and while i was at school the next day.. .. only takes a few hours but im not going to do while im at home Very Happy...i got 450down, 65up..

i dont think the 3rd one fit.. eek..gmail grows 3mb/day so it will be goon enuf in a week or so.. . austin powers 1-3 is in another gmail account and it fit nicely 2230 ...also got LOTR trig 2gb each, 3 more gmail accounts.. awsome as hell! simpple!! im suggesting to gmail that they make size per email be (size of inbox / 100) so its always bigger too Very Happy... i got 50 invites.. why not?... o.. btw: i did all that with a filter in gmail to auto archive them and apply labels when from die1@peer2mail.com die2 etc.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
RscMod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

cool dude wrote:

P.S. if any one needs gmail invites PM me because i have 50 invites!

My bud works with gmail he is incharge of 2mil+ Gmail Invites so 50 is nothing
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.. well if you haev 50 invites.. make 50 accounts... bam you got 2500 invites.... i got 15 accounts right now.. . so.... yea.. anyways .. they refresh invites on my main account ever 2nd day.. the other accoutns every 10 days ish
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Guys, this is old. Can you actually think of anybody that doesn't have a GMail account and actually cares?
axej

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no, not really. i don't need any invites anyways
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 42 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: