Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Starting VB. Looking 4 a tutorial site or somethin
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Vertico

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:13 pm   Post subject: Starting VB. Looking 4 a tutorial site or somethin

just starting VB. i wanna know if anyone knows of a good site that could help explain this. i have a book and i am learning, but i would also like 2 find something online 2 help.

any sites that help out with begining programs or that explain VB would help
Laughing ALOT Laughing
[/center]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I suggest looking into C# instead. The two languages are vertually identical under the hood, but C# is a better choice of the two.
Vertico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maby but i already have VB and a book for it. I dont have C#.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

centered posts are annoying Confused

and besides, VB and C# come together in a single package -- Visual Studio .Net Wink
Vertico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i didnt get the "Visual Studio .Net ". a friend sent just VB to me. i guess i could get C#, but why cant i just go with VB?

Is there a reason why that is better 4 me?
Im the noob, ur the master, TEACH ME
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

C# is probably still supported (unlike VB) and is also a lot newer. It's syntax is more like other modern languages (I'm pretty sure), so you will be able to learn other languages later easily. I have also heard that C# is good for making games (if that is what you are going to do) - but I suggest learning the basics of whatever language first.
betaflye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

C# is the better language to learn.

Right now Microsoft is giving away Microsoft Visual C# .Net 2003 Professional if you go to https://www.lastdeveloper.com/home.aspx and sign up for the last developer challenge. After you register and login you can get your free gift, look in the lower right hand side of the webpage. Only the latest and greatest from MS. Hurry though, it's only while supplies last.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: