Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Creating Online Judge from scratch
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Panphobia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:01 pm   Post subject: Creating Online Judge from scratch

I am starting a programming contest at my university and I have been writing an online judge for it recently. It came to my attention that I need to sandbox the programs that I am writing so that they don't do damage to the server. So I know that ulimit can limit the amount of memory and cpu time a process has, but how would I limit other things like, preventing them from doing something like system("rm -rf ~")?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Creating Online Judge from scratch

Don't forget network access.

As for system calls... you basically don't. Run untrusted code in an isolated environment (e.g. via https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docker_(software) ) and let them trash their own space.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Creating Online Judge from scratch

What about the sandboxing programs you find on the internet like libsandbox and EasySandBox(https://github.com/daveho/EasySandbox). They block system calls, don't allow internet access (at least not with curl) etc. I am only looking to have support for Java/C/C++ since this is an ACM styled contest.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Creating Online Judge from scratch

That might work for your purposes. I'm not familiar with that project though.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: