Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Course selections
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TicTacToad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:35 am   Post subject: Course selections

I'm currently in grade 11 and we're doing course selections now. After highschool I probably want to get into computer science, software engineering, or something similar. So far for my grade 12 courses I have are:
-Advance Functions
-Calculus and Vectors
-Physics
-Chemistry
-English
-Computer Science
-Spare

I want to take one spare because I have a part-time job and along with these courses, I feel like I'll end up getting too overwhelmed with the work. The problem is that I really want to take philosophy but I'm debating whether I should take philosophy or take data management since I think it would be better for me to take a math course cause I'll going to go into a math-heavy program. Is taking data management worth it? Would it be more beneficial since I am going into computers? Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:32 am   Post subject: RE:Course selections

Those are not required courses for the programs you are targeting, so you have an additional option of doing self study -- if you are interested in the subject and/or think the content is useful, you can still read the textbooks and watch online lectures (such as coursera.org)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
TicTacToad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Course selections

Thank you for your answer but despite not being a require course, would it be more beneficial in the future to have data management skills if I want to go into those programs? Or would it not really matter? I would rather take the class on it rather than doing self-study if it was beneficial.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: