Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 November DWITE
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:20 pm   Post subject: November DWITE

might as well get this started, I just submitted Q4 and got 0/5 for an infinite loop, but the code works fine for all 5 test cases on my end, something up?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:24 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

No, the testcases seem to be fine. I believe it is just you. Double check your code, etc...

I'll take a look into it if other teams seem to be having this problem.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:24 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

nevermind, problem on my end
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:50 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

Ok what is wrong with question 4, this is the second time I've absolutely made sure everything was right and it still got 0.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:51 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

What is your team name?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:05 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

Awesome Swatcats
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

Make sure that your formatting is correct. Try making up your own testcases, etc...
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:08 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

nevermind again, I'm just having the worst DWITE ever lol
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:16 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

You seem to have a formating issue with your last submision but other wise it would have been a 5/5. Your first ended up crashing the judge as it got in an infinite loop (or at least a very long loop) and was outputing a masive amount of 0s.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:19 pm   Post subject: Re: November DWITE

Does the DWITE bot deduct marks if the question was right only during the second submission?

I screwed up with a wrong file name for output for question 4 Sad
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:21 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

It does not deduct marks but you get bonus marks if you get it right on the first try. Tho in the end i guses thats the same thing.

Unfonrtly their is not much i can do if you have allready submmited your second submission.
Shanethe13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:28 pm   Post subject: Re: November DWITE

I'm potentially having the same issue for problem 5. I've made 5 test cases of my own, and it works for them all, but I got 0/5. Mind checking out Zygohistomorphic Prepromorphism'a solution?
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:36 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

The judges logs just say that it had to kill your program as it was taking to long and that the output file had no lines of text in it.

Rember that is question allows for some big testcases (up to 100 cogwheels and up to 100 connections between them) and your program has to run in a set time limit (see http://dwite.org/judge).

Some things your can try:

• Remove any debuging output, it can slow down your programs execution.
  • Output soultions as you find them. If it just output them at the end your program maybe killed before it can output.
  • Recursion can be slow in some cases.
  • Think if their is a faster way to slove the porblem or an algorthim with a lower time complexity.
  • Make some testcases for the worst cases and see how fast your program runs.
Cyril

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:53 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

Ah, I hate correcting typos; please excuse me for being finicky. My last name is Zhang.
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:36 pm   Post subject: RE:November DWITE

Oh, whoops, my bad Cyril. I actually wrote those articles, so its my fault, I am sorry. Dan should be able to correct it for me.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: