Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Testing frameworks?
Index -> Programming, Ruby -> Ruby Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Bored

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:40 am   Post subject: Testing frameworks?

So I've been working with Ruby on Rails recently and have been needing to look into testing frameworks. I've currently been playing around with RSpec, Cucumber, and Shoulda, but not sure what to use and if there's anything better out there. Currently been playing with factory_girl very extensively and have decided to use that as part of my solution. So basically if anyone has any experiences or advice with Ruby testing frameworks, especially with use with Rails I'd like to hear it. Currently leaning towards shoulda as it's easy to read, very flexibly and integrates right into the Test::Unit framework. Though the advantages of being able to have buisness types write feature documents or have easily translate their requests and directly relate that into the feature testing has made Cucumber look very inviting.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Ruby -> Ruby Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: